This flavorful eggless Alcohol Free Plum Cake is one of my family’s favorite cakes to make during the holiday season. As the days go by, the flavor and taste of the cake enhance! The wonderful aroma of this cake has a magical and enchanting effect that is perfect for a Christmas family dinner. So try this alcohol free plum cake and share your comments!
You may also like my other Christmas Cake Recipes such as Orange Chiffon Cake, Yogurt Lemon Cake, Coffee Cake, Pineapple Cake, Eggless Sponge Cake, Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Vanilla Cupcakes and Red Velvet Cake.
Eggless Alcohol Free Plum Cake
Traditionally, alcohol is used to make plum cakes. So I wanted to make this eggless alcohol free plum cake, especially for vegetarians. This cake is a perfect blend of spices, fruits and nuts.
Furthermore, I would like to give some suggestions for making flavorful alcohol free plum cake. Firstly, for this cake have the buttermilk at room temperature, its flavor only hints of the richness of that buttermilk offers. When you can buy buttermilk, another option is to use buttermilk powder or you can make your own buttermilk simply by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Just stir the lemon juice or vinegar into the milk and then let it stand for 10 minutes before using.
Secondly, try to add as many spices as you can from the ingredients. Even though some spices are optional, try to add all the spices because it enhances the flavor of this alcohol free plum cake. Also, try to use brown sugar with molasses because it enhances the taste just like adding alcohol.
Finally, when it cools completely, place the cake in an airtight box and store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature for about one day. As the days go by, the taste and aroma enhance. I would recommend leaving the alcohol free plum cake for at least 1 day before serving. It can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about one week.
Alcohol free Plum Cake 2017-12-14 04:22:18
Serves 10 This flavorful Eggless Alcohol-Free Plum Cake is one of my family's favorite cakes to make during the holiday season. As the days go by, the flavor and taste of the cake enhance! The wonderful aroma of this cake has a magical and enchanting effect that is perfect for a Christmas family dinner. Print Prep Time 00:15 Cook Time 00:55 Total Time 01:10
Prep Time 00:15 Cook Time 00:55 Total Time 01:10 Dry Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (4 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4teaspoon cloves powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 250 grams dried and candied fruits ( raisins, chopped dried dates and figs, cherries,currants, tutti frutti, dried cranberries,etc.)
- 50 grams chopped cashew nuts Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup buttermilk (240 ml) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 grams (3/4 cups) brown sugar (Molasses Sugar), sifted Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C then place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter and flour or spray 9-inch loaf pan then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and cool it to room temperature.
- In a wide bowl, whisk the flour with salt, baking soda, and all other spices until combined.
- Then add the dried fruits and chopped nuts and toss to coat all the fruit.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence, and buttermilk until incorporated.
- Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pan and level it.
- Bake it for about 55 to 60 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and cool it for about 10 mins before removing from the pan. Notes
- After it cools completely, places the cake in an airtight box and store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature for about one day. As the days go by, the taste and aroma enhance.
- I would recommend leaving it for at least 1 day before serving. It can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about one week.
- Try to use brown sugar with molasses as it enhances the taste just like adding alcohol. By Santhi Therese The Indian Claypot https://theindianclaypot.com/