Baby Corn Peas Pulao
Looking for an easy and delicious lunch recipe that's perfect for beginners? Try out the Baby Corn Peas Pulao!
Looking for an easy and delicious lunch recipe that's perfect for beginners? Try out the Baby Corn Peas Pulao! This simple yet flavorful dish is perfect for those busy days when you want to whip up something tasty in a jiffy. Serve it with some refreshing vegetable raitha to make it a complete meal. It tastes awesome with Chicken Curry or Coconut Vegetable Curry. So try it out and share your comments!
You may also like my other rice recipes such as Vegetable Biryani, Mushroom Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Prawn Biryani and Prawn Fried Rice.
Here are some handy tips to make this recipe even easier: If you have an electric cooker, you can prepare this dish in a snap. Simply follow the same process as usual until the water is boiled, then pour the mixture into the bowl of the electric cooker, close the lid, and cook until the cooker switches to 'keep warm'. Once it's done, switch off the heat, let it stand for 5 minutes, and then fluff the rice with a fork. So, next time you want to make a quick and tasty lunch, give this Baby Corn Peas Pulao recipe a try! And don't forget to share your experience with us in the comments section.
Baby Corn Peas Pulao 2017-09-18 06:03:25
Baby Corn Peas Pulao
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook Time: 00:20
Total Time: 00:35
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/3 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 7 to 8 Baby Corns
- 1 medium-sized Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Oil or Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 1-inch piece Cinnamon Stick
- as needed Salt
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 15 mins. Then chop the onion and green chilies lengthwise.
- Meanwhile heat the oil or ghee in a pan over medium heat, when the oil heats, fry cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick until spluttering.
- Then add onions and green chilies, fry until onions become light pink. Then add ginger and garlic paste, fry until its raw smell leaves.
- Also, place green peas and baby corn, saute until softened.
- At this stage, drain the excess water from the rice.
- Then add the drained rice, saute for 1 minute.
- Then pour 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 mins or until all the water is absorbed.
- Once the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let it stand for 7 to 8 mins (with a lid on). Then remove the lid and fluff the rice by using a fork.
- Transfer the baby corn peas pulao to the serving plate and enjoy with chicken or mixed vegetable coconut curry.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot