Looking for a yummy and nutritious salad recipe? Look no further than our delicious Beetroot Salad!
"Try This Delicious and Healthy Beetroot Salad Recipe with Green Apples, Feta Cheese and Walnuts!"
Looking for a yummy and nutritious salad recipe? Look no further than our delicious Beetroot Salad! This salad features a mix of beautiful baby spinach, tangy green apples, colorful beetroots, cubes of creamy feta cheese, and a handful of walnuts, all sprinkled with a sizzle of our custom salad dressing.
Not only is this salad delicious, but it's also healthy! Beetroots are a great source of iron and folate, and they're low in calories while being high in valuable vitamins and minerals. In fact, they contain a bit of almost all the vitamins and minerals that you need. Plus, they're considered to be one of the best brain foods, making this salad perfect for keeping you fueled and focused throughout the day.
To make this salad even better, we have a few suggestions. Firstly, wrap the beetroots loosely in two individual aluminum foils and roast them in a preheated oven until they slide easily off a fork or skewer. Adjust the baking time based on your oven, keeping an eye on the beets to ensure they don't overcook. Secondly, toast the walnuts until they release a nice aroma. Thirdly, place all the veggies in a wide bowl and pour the dressing over the salad, tossing well until the veggies are well coated. Finally, add the feta cheese cubes over the veggies and serve immediately for the best taste and texture.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out this healthy Beetroot Salad recipe and share your comments! It's a perfect choice for a nutritious lunch or light dinner that's both tasty and good for you.
You can also serve this colorful salad along with grilled fish and spicy chicken steak.
You may also like Beetroot Soup and Beetroot Dates Halwa.
Healthy Beetroot Salad 2017-11-15 05:17:03
Healthy Beetroot Salad
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook Time: 01:00
Total Time: 01:20
- 2 medium sized Beetroots
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese Cubes
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Green Apple
- 1/4 cup Walnut
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut off the leaves and stems of the beetroots and scrub the beets thoroughly.
- Then wrap them loosely in two individual aluminum foils separately.
- Place the wrapping beets on a baking sheet and roast for about 50 to 60 mins or until a fork or skewer inserted in the center of the beet slides easily.
- Set the beets aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel off and then cut into small chunks and keep it aside.
- Toast the walnuts in a preheated oven (175 degrees C) for about 7 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- In a small bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients until incorporated and set aside.
- Core and slice the apple into matchsticks or julienne.
- Place the spinach, green apple matchsticks, beet chunks and walnuts in a wide salad bowl and pour the dressing over the salad and toss well until the veggies are well coated with dressing.
- Finally, add the feta cheese cubes over the veggies and serve immediately.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot