Looking for a classic and healthy snack that everyone loves? Look no further than chocolate chip cookies!
Looking for a classic and healthy snack that everyone loves? Look no further than chocolate chip cookies! With a hard and crisp exterior and a chewy, sweet interior, these cookies are always a hit. And by using coconut oil instead of butter, we've made this tasty snack even healthier. Coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats, which can increase healthy cholesterol (HDL) and convert bad cholesterol (LDL) into good cholesterol. It can also promote heart health, lower high triglycerides, and improve memory power and brain function. So why not give this healthy twist on a classic treat a try? Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments!
If you want to make the perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies, here are a few tips to keep in mind. First, in this recipe, we use liquid coconut oil instead of butter. However, if you want a richer flavor, you can add melted, cooled butter. Second, be careful not to overbake your cookies. They should be golden brown around the edges but still a little soft in the center. Bake them for about 12 to 14 minutes. Finally, rotate your baking sheet front to back about halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
You may also like Saffron Cookies.
Chocolate Cookies 2017-08-07 05:48:45
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook Time: 00:12
Total Time: 00:27
- 165 grams (1&1/4 cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 at room temperature Egg
- 1/3 cup Liquid Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp for topping Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Then line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a wide bowl, combine liquid coconut oil, egg, brown sugar and vanilla essence, whisk it well until combined.
- Then add flour, baking soda and salt to the egg mixture bowl and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. It should be a smooth dough.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough until they are evenly distributed.
- Then divide the dough into 10 to 12 small balls.
- With a palm of your hand, gently flatten each ball into a round.
- Then place it on the prepared baking sheet with a 2-inch gap.
- Press 2 to 3 chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake it for about 12 to 14 mins or until golden brown around the edges but still a little soft in the center.
- Then remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- You can also store it in an airtight container for up to a week.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot