Chocolate French toast is a treat to have at any time of the day. You can fill it up with as much as Nutella as your heart’s desire and spoil yourself. We ate this mouth-watering dish at a hotel breakfast at the Kempinski Dubai. They had a beautiful jam filled french toast, which my kids really loved. So I came up with my version of the French toast with Nutella instead. It’s so yummy! So try this yummy chocolate french toast and share your comments!
Chocolate French Toast
Basically, french toast is a breakfast recipe made of bread soaked in lightly beaten eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon powder or vanilla essence., T it is stir-fried in butter until browned and cooked through. It is also called as Bombay Toast. Stale bread is often used for this recipe because it will soak up with egg mixture without falling apart and also for saving money. Normally, french toasts are served with powdered sugar and jam. I wanted to make some twist in this recipe. So I spread the Nutella over the bread slices and then soak it in the egg mixture. Then toast them in butter over medium heat. Finally, serve the chocolate french toast with raspberries.
chocolate French Toast 2018-02-09 05:55:21
Serves 3 Chocolate French toast is a treat to have at any time of the day. You can fill it up with as much as Nutella as your heart's desire and spoil yourself. Print Prep Time 00:05 Cook Time 00:15 Total Time 00:20
Prep Time 00:05 Cook Time 00:15 Total Time 00:20 Ingredients
- 6 bread slices
- 6 tsp nutella chocolate spread
- 1 tbsp butter For French Toast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence For garnishing
- powdered sugar and cinnamon powder for dusting
- some fresh raspberries Instructions
- Spread 2 tsp Nutella chocolate spread onto one side of each of 2 slices, top each with another slice of bread to make 3 sandwiches and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, beat milk, egg (already lightly beaten), sugar and vanilla essence in a wide bowl until well combined.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Then soak each sandwich in the egg mixture until it is well coated.
- Melt some butter on the Pan and place it on the hot pan and cook until browned.
- Add 1/2 tsp butter on the top then flip the sandwich, cook until the other side is browned.
- Remove from the heat and dust it with cinnamon powder and powdered sugar and finally, garnish it with some fresh raspberries. Notes
- You can also spread some jam whatever you like instead of nutella for this recipe. By Santhi Therese The Indian Claypot https://theindianclaypot.com/