Ever got tired of going to the nearest Fried Chicken place and eating the same old oily chicken strips? Oh boy, have I got a recipe for you! Follow along and make this amazingly crispy chicken strips right at home, that’ll leave you wanting for more! Whenever I tried these out for my kids, the plates were empty a second after I placed the strips onto them. I’m sure you are going to get back to me with the same kinda stories! So trust me, this is a recipe you don’t want to miss!
Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions for perfectly crispy chicken strips. Firstly, Try to use a heavy bottomed skillet for frying. Start heating the oil over medium heat while you bread the chicken. Keep an eye on it. Once it is hot, then add the breaded chicken in batches. Finally, Set the breaded chicken strips for a couple of minutes before you fry them. Because this step makes the breading soft and sticky, and it makes the strips crispier.
Finally, you may also like my other Chicken recipes such as Grilled Chicken, Hyderabad Chicken Biryani, Chicken 65, Chicken Meat Balls, Spicy Chicken Steak, Tangy and Spicy Chicken Steak, Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Korma, Oven Fried Chicken, Orange Chicken, Pineapple Chicken and Butter Chicken Masala.
Crispy Chicken Strips 2019-06-30 05:24:57
Crispy Chicken Strips
Prep Time: 01:10
Cook Time: 00:15
Total Time: 01:25
- 450 grams (cut into thin slices) chicken breasts
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- sat as needed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or as needed
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt as needed (I used 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 to 2 eggs as needed
- oil for deep frying
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper and red chilli powder. Then add garlic powder and onion powder; mix well until coated and keep it aside for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place flour and salt in one bowl and mix well. In a second bowl, add egg and beat it slightly. In a third bowl, add bread crumbs, salt and red chilli powder, mix well.
- Meanwhile, pour enough oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Alternatively, you can also use a deep fryer at 160 degrees C.
- Now take each chicken strip and put it in the flour bowl and coat both sides with flour. Shake off any excess flour and dip it in the beaten egg. Coat all sides and then shake off any excess egg. Finally, spread both sides in the breadcrumbs. Again, shake off any excess breadcrumbs and let it sit for 2 mins; and then put it in the hot oil.
- Fry both sides until golden brown. Remove the fried strips and place them on the paper towels.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot
Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper
and red chili powder.
Then add garlic powder and onion powder
and mix well until coated and keep it
aside for about 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, place the flour and salt
in one bowl and mix well. In a second bowl,
add the egg and beat it slightly.
In a third bowl, add the bread crumbs,
salt and red chili powder, mix well.
Then take each chicken and put it in the
flour bowl and coat both sides with flour.
Shake off any excess flour and put it
in the beaten egg bowl. Coat all sides
and then shake off any excess egg.
Finally, put it in the breadcrumbs bowl
and coat both sides.
Meanwhile, pour enough oil in a frying pan
and heat over medium heat. Alternatively,
you can also use a deep fryer at 160 degrees C.
Also, shake off any excess breadcrumbs
and then put it in the hot oil.
Fry both sides until golden brown.
Finally, drain on paper towels.You may also like my other Chicken Recipes posts and recipes like Ponnusamy Chicken Varuval, Pallipalayam Chicken Fry, Schezwan Chicken, Penne Pasta with Minced Chicken, Chicken Schezwan Noodles, Chicken Curry Recipe, Chicken Fajitas, Methi Chicken, Chicken Meatball Curry, Healthy Chicken Salad bowl, Green Chili Chicken, Chicken Cutlets, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken, Butter Chicken Masala, Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa, Sweet Corn Chicken Soup, Grilled Chicken Burger, Chicken Talumein Soup .