Looking for a quick and easy way to get your kids to eat more fruit? Look no further than this delicious Fruit Sandwich recipe!
A Quick and Easy Dessert That Kids Will Love!
Looking for a quick and easy way to get your kids to eat more fruit? Look no further than this delicious Fruit Sandwich recipe! Kids often turn their noses up at plain fruit, but by adding a sweet whipped cream, you can turn it into a mouth-watering dessert that they'll love.
Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions for a perfect fruit sandwich. Firstly, keep the whipping cream, the bowl and the wire whisk very cold, because it will help the cream to reach its maximum volume when whipped. In a cold mixing bowl, add heavy cold whipping cream and powdered sugar. By using a hand mixer, beat well on medium to high speed, until it forms a stiff peak. you can also use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. It takes 2 to 3 mins.
You can also use any fruit which is soft, is more suitable than crunchy ones. Also, fruit which is too wet such as citrus may not work well because it may make the bread too soggy. In this recipe, I used peach, strawberry and kiwi but also banana, mango and melons are good.
Finally, cut the sandwiches into 2 or 4 pieces diagonally as you like just to show all the colorful fruit. Because the presentation of the dish is very important.
With just a few simple ingredients, this Fruit Sandwich recipe is a fun and easy way to get your kids to eat more fruit. The addition of whipped cream and honey makes it a delicious dessert that they'll look forward to. So next time your kids are hesitant to eat their fruit, try making this yummy sandwich and see how quickly they devour it!
You may also like Chocolate French Toast.
Fruit Sandwich 2017-02-28 07:20:14
Prep Time: 00:10
Total Time: 00:10
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1&1/2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 6 Bread Slices
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 Kiwi Fruit
- 4 to 5 Peach Slices
- In a mixing bowl, add heavy cold whipping cream and powdered sugar.
- By using a hand mixer, beat well on medium to high speed, until it forms a stiff peak and keep it aside (you can also use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. It takes 2 to 3 mins).
- Meanwhile, slice the fruits into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Then spread some whipped cream on one side of the bread, not too thin, but at the same time not too thick.
- Then place the kiwi piece in the center of the bread and the strawberry pieces in 4 corners and also place the peach pieces in between as shown in the video.
- Spread some whipped cream on one side of another bread and place the cream side towards the fruits. Do the same process for the remaining slices of bread also.
- Then wrap the sandwiches with cling film and keep them in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Once it is set, remove the cling film and trim the edges of the bread and then cut the sandwiches into 2 or 4 pieces diagonally as you like.
- Serve the fruit sandwich immediately or keep it in the refrigerator and serve afterward.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot