Healthy Breakfast Recipe with step-by-step photos! This simple yet healthy dish makes for a great breakfast that can be stirred up quickly on a busy morning. Green gram is one of the best plant-based sources of protein. It contains fiber and minerals. Here I bring a recipe that I usually make at my home for breakfast once or twice a week. In this recipe, I have added grated carrot, coconut, pomegranate pearls and jaggery to make it healthier for all ages. You can also serve it as a snack for your kids. So friends try this out and share your comments!
Finally, you may also like my other healthy breakfast recipes like Homemade Granola Recipe, Ragi Aval Kozhukattai, Wheat Flour Sweet Appam, Ragi Paal Kozhukattai, Whole Wheat Bread Recipe, Multigrain bread recipe, Healthy Bread Pizza, Whole wheat mixed berry bread, Lemon Blueberry Bread, Raspberry bread, Peanut Butter Recipe, Ragi Roti, Homemade Strawberry Jam, Soft Chapati recipe, Ven Pongal, Steel-cut Oats Porridge, Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes, Whole wheat pancake, Aloo Gobi Paratha, Turkey Frittata, Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bars, Stuffed Palak Paneer Paratha and Whole Wheat Banana Bread.
Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Cook Time: 00:15
Total Time: 00:15
- 250 grams Green Gram/ Pasi Payaru
- 3 cups of water
- less than 1/2 tsp salt or as needed
- 500 ml low fat milk
- 1/3rd cup chopped coconut
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms
- 2 medium sized carrots, grated (wash, peel and then grate)
- Jaggery as per your taste
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Wash green gram well.
- In a pressure cooker, add washed green gram and 3 cups of water, close the lid and cook until you hear the first whistle.
- After the first whistle comes, turn the heat to low and cook for another 10mins.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool naturally.
- Meanwhile, boil milk in a saucepan and keep it aside.
- Then place coconut pieces and the cardamoms in a mixie jar and grind it coarse.
- Finally, grate the carrots and keep it aside.
- Once the pressure is released, open the cooker lid, add salt and mix well.
- Then add boiled milk, grated carrot and ground coconut mixture, mix well and cook for a minute over low heat.
- Switch off the heat, pour into the serving bowls.
- Finally, add jaggery or sweetener as per your taste and mix well and let it cool for some time.
- While serving, add pomegranate pearls. Enjoy!
By: Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot
Healthy Breakfast Recipe:
Wash Green gram well. In a pressure cooker, add washed Green gram and 3 cups of water,
close the lid and cook until you hear the first whistle. After the first whistle comes, turn the heat to low and cook for another 10mins.Switch off the heat and let it cool naturally.
Meanwhile, boil milk in a saucepan and keep it aside.
Then place coconut pieces and cardamoms in a mixie jar and grind it coarse
as shown in the picture.
Once the pressure is released, open the cooker lid, add salt and mix well.
Then add the boiled milk, grated carrots, and ground coconut mixture;
mix well and cook for a minute over low heat.
Switch off the heat, pour into the serving bowls. Finally, add jaggery or sweetener as per your taste: mix well and let it cool for some time.
While serving, add pomegranate pearls. Enjoy!You may also like my other Healthy Breakfast posts and recipes like Appam Recipe, Thinai Sakkarai Pongal /Foxtail Millet Sweet Pongal, Kara Kuzhi Paniyaram with Idli/Dosa Batter, Oats Chocolate Brownie Recipe, Rice Flakes Porridge, Ragi Aval Sweet Kozhukattai, Ragi Paal Kozhukattai, How To Make Soft Layered Chapati, Soft and Chewy Granola Bars, Vendhaya Kali, Strawberry Apple Smoothie, Pasi Payaru Aval Pongal, Homemade Granola Recipe, Adai Dosa Recipe, Ragi Puttu, Green Gram Payasam/Kheer, Whole Wheat Bread Recipe, Kavuni Arisi Sweet, Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Homemade Peanut Butter .