A few months ago, I had a chance to taste this delicious sweet at a wedding party. Kavuni arisi sweet, being a popular sweet recipe in Chettinad weddings, has a delightful mix of flavors and an aroma that can only be explained as heavenly. The crunchy outer and soft inner textures of the Kavuni rice make this dish very unique and fun to eat. Moreover, research shows that forbidden rice contains over 23 types of antioxidants and has the highest antioxidant activity of all rice varieties. So go ahead and try this amazing sweet recipe out!
Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions for a perfect Kavuni arisi sweet. Firstly, black Kavuni rice is very hard rice. So the rice needs to be soaked overnight or for at least 6 hours. Secondly, you can also add 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder instead of grinding coconut and cardamoms.
Finally, you can also add white sugar instead of jaggery. And you can also add less sugar if you wish.
Finally, you may also like my other healthy breakfast recipes like Homemade Granola Recipe, Ragi Aval Kozhukattai, Wheat Flour Sweet Appam, Ragi Paal Kozhukattai, Whole Wheat Bread Recipe, Multigrain bread recipe, Healthy Bread Pizza, Whole wheat mixed berry bread, Lemon Blueberry Bread, Raspberry bread, Peanut Butter Recipe, Ragi Roti, Homemade Strawberry Jam, Soft Chapati recipe, Ven Pongal, Steel-cut Oats Porridge, Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes, Whole wheat pancake, Aloo Gobi Paratha, Turkey Frittata, Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bars, Stuffed Palak Paneer Paratha and Whole Wheat Banana Bread.
Kavuni Arisi Sweet 2020-05-29 05:50:09
Kavuni Arisi Sweet
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook Time: 00:15
Total Time: 00:20
- 1 cup Kavuni Arisi
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 1/2 cup Jaggery (powdered)
- 3 to 4 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Wash the rice and soak it in lots of water overnight or at least for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, drain the water and rinse it couple of times, then transfer the rice to pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles over low medium flame.
- Allow the pressure to settle naturally.
- When you open the lid, there should be little water floating on top. Don’t worry.
- Add salt. Mix the rice gently. The rice should be slightly mushy but the rice should have a bit of bite.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut pieces and cardamoms in a mixie jar and grind it coarsely.
- Then add the powdered jaggery and the coconut mixture to the rice. The mixture will loosen up immediately after adding jaggery.
- Simmer and cook for 2 mins in low flame or until it becomes thick.
- Finally add ghee and cook for 1 minute then switch off the flame and serve hot. Enjoy!
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot
How To Cook Kavuni Arisi Sweet:
Wash the rice and soak it in lots of water overnight or at least for 6 hours.
Drain the water and rinse it couple of times, then transfer the rice to
pressure cooker. Then add 2 cups of water
and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles in low medium flame.
Allow the pressure to settle naturally.
Mix the rice gently. The rice should be slightly mushy but the rice
should have a bit of bite .
Meanwhile, place the coconut pieces and cardamoms in a mixie jar
and grind it coarsely.
Then add the powdered jaggery and the coconut mixture to the rice.
The mixture will loosen up immediately after adding jaggery.
Simmer and cook for 2 mins in low flame or until it becomes thick.Finally, add ghee
and cook for 1 minute then switch off the flame and serve hot. Enjoy!You may also like my other Healthy Breakfast posts and recipes like Appam Recipe, Millets Pongal /Foxtail Millet Sweet Pongal, Mung Bean Porridge, Kara Kuzhi Paniyaram with Idli/Dosa Batter, Oatmeal Brownie, Aval Payasam, Ragi Sweet Kozhukattai, Ragi Paal Kozhukattai, How To Make Soft Layered Chapati, Soft and Chewy Granola Bars, Vendhaya Kali, Strawberry Apple Smoothie, Pasi Payaru Aval Pongal, Homemade Granola Recipe, Adai Dosa Recipe, Ragi Puttu, Green Gram Payasam/Kheer, Whole Wheat Bread Recipe, Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Homemade Peanut Butter .