"Indulge in the Simplicity of a Lemon Yogurt Cake: A Perfect Treat for Your Afternoon Tea!"
Are you in the mood for a deliciously easy cake that's perfect for a tea time snack? Say hello to Lemon Yogurt Cake! This basic cake is made with just a few ingredients - yogurt, almond flour, and lemon zest - and packs a punch of flavor in every bite. No need for butter, this cake still boasts a wonderfully dense and moist texture.
For an extra touch of sweetness, top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of sweet berry sauce. Trust us, you won't miss the creamy texture! The bright lemon flavor and beautiful presentation of this cake make it a perfect addition to any tea party or gathering.
So, go ahead and try this delicious Lemon Yogurt Cake and share your thoughts with us! We're confident you'll love it as much as we do.
Tips for Making the Perfect Lemon Yogurt Cake!"
If you're looking to elevate your baking game, look no further! We're sharing some tips to help you create the perfect Lemon Yogurt Cake.
Firstly, let's talk about the almond flour. You have two options here: you can either buy it from the supermarket or make your own. To make your own, soak almonds in hot water for 5-10 minutes, then peel off the skin and pat dry with kitchen tissue. Place the almonds in a blender and grind until you have a fine powder, being careful not to add any water.
Next, we recommend using full-fat yogurt in the recipe, but feel free to use Greek yogurt for a rich and tangy flavor. Lastly, when it comes to presentation, the options are endless. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the cake, or serve it with whipped cream and a sweet berry sauce. The choice is yours!
With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to baking a perfect Lemon Yogurt Cake every time. Happy baking!
Yogurt Cake 2017-11-21 04:39:19
Lemon Yogurt Cake
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook Time: 00:40
Total Time: 00:55
- 1&1/4 cup (165 g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) almond flour
- 1 tsp (4 g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of one lemon (grated) lemon zest
- 2 large eggs at room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) any flavorless oil
- 3/4 cup (180 g) at room temperature full fat yogurt
- 1 cup (200 g) white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. then spray an 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a wide bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla essence until incorporated.
- Then stir in the sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 to 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Finally, Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
By The Indian ClaypotYou may also like my other Christmas Cakes posts and recipes like Eggless Hot Cross Buns, Eggless Donut Recipe, Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe, Eggless Ragi Chocolate Cake, Eggless Rava Cake, Eggless Banana Chocolate Cake, Eggless Strawberry Sauce Cake, Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes, Eggless Strawberry Cake, Eggless Apple Cake, Eggless Carrot Cake, Microwave Chocolate Mug Cakes, Eggless Orange Cake, Eggless Chocolate Marble Cake, Strawberry Streusel Coffee Cake, Christmas Plum Cake, Green Apple Streusel Cake, Meringue Cookies, Strawberry Fruit Fool, Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese .