There ain’t no side that goes well with a generous lunch as a plate of beautifully slow cooked oven baked potato wedges. Its time to spice it up a bit!
Looking for the perfect side dish to complement your lunch? Look no further than these beautifully slow-cooked oven-baked potato wedges! Not only are they delicious, but they're also easy to make and a healthier alternative to deep-fried potatoes.
To get the most out of your potato wedges, here are some suggestions to keep in mind. Firstly, choose firm potatoes without any green patches, which can be harmful to your stomach. Additionally, avoid sprouting potatoes unless you plan on using them the same day and remove any eyes with a knife. Secondly, be gentle when cleaning the potatoes and avoid scrubbing too hard, which can cause the skin to peel off. Lastly, adjust the baking time based on your oven and keep a close eye on them to prevent them from becoming charred. So go ahead and spice up your lunch with these delicious potato wedges!
You may also like Potato Cauliflower Stir Fry, Crispy Baked Potato Fries and Roasted Baby Potatoes.
Potato Wedges 2016-11-17 06:36:03
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:30
Total Time: 00:40
- 300g Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Clean the potatoes well. Don't scrub so hard that the skin begins to peel off. Be gentle while cleaning them.
- Then cut the potato in half lengthwise, then cut those halves into thirds.
- Then soak the potato wedges in cold water for 15 mins.
- Drain the water completely and pat dry with the help of a kitchen towel.
- Then coat the wedges with olive oil, salt and red chili powder in a wide bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220 degrees. then place a sheet of aluminum foil on the baking tray and grease it.
- Spread these wedges over the baking tray evenly in a single layer.
- Then brush the leftover marinade over the wedges.
- Then place the tray to the oven and bake it for 15 to 20 mins or until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven by using oven mitts, then flip the wedges by using tongs.
- Bake it another 15 mins, remove it from the oven and then transfer it to the serving plate.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot