Are you ready for a spooktacular Halloween treat? Look no further than these Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate spider web decoration.
Are you ready for a spooktacular Halloween treat? Look no further than these Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and chocolate spider web decoration. They're so delicious, they're sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and delight your little ones in their cute costumes.
To make these perfect pumpkin cupcakes, start by beating butter and sugar until smooth, fluffy, and creamy at medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Instead of cream cheese frosting, you can also try regular buttercream frosting or even chocolate frosting. Simply spread or pipe the frosting on top of each cupcake and sprinkle some chopped, toasted walnuts for an extra crunch.
Don't have time to make pumpkin puree from scratch? No worries! You can use canned pure pumpkin, but make sure it's not pre-seasoned. If you do want to make your own pumpkin puree, choose a smaller pumpkin variety. Cut it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and stringy fibers, and bake the pumpkin halves at 180 degrees C until easily pierced with a knife. Blend the pulp until smooth, strain it through a cheesecloth-lined strainer, and let it cool before using.
Looking to impress your guests with the spider web decoration? It's easy! Simply make chocolate circles and use a toothpick to drag from the center outwards. Voila! Your cupcakes are now Halloweeny and perfect for the occasion.
Try making these pumpkin cupcakes and share your comments. Your little monsters will thank you!
You may also like Pumpkin Scones and Pumpkin Halwa.
Pumpkin Cupcakes 2017-10-30 05:59:59
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook Time: 00:20
Total Time: 00:40
- 195 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 113 g unsalted butter
- 200 g white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1&1/2 cups powdered or icing sugar
- !/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and then line 12 muffin cups pan with paper liners.
- Combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spices and salt in a wide bowl until incorporated.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Then add eggs one at a time, beat well.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl in between.
- Also beat in the vanilla essence until just combined.
- Then turn the speed to low, alternately add the flour mixture and the pumpkin puree in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture or until thoroughly combined.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly with the batter by using spoons or ice cream scoop.
- Then place it in the preheated oven and bake it for 18 to 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Then add the vanilla essence and icing sugar and beat until fluffy and silky. (2 to 3 mins from low to high speed)
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
- Meanwhile, mix together chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave it on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the oven and mix well.
- Finally, draw the web design over the frosting.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot