Looking for a healthy and delicious soup? Look no further than this creamy and flavorful pumpkin soup with fresh ginger and coriander leaves.
Looking for a healthy and delicious soup? Look no further than this creamy and flavorful pumpkin soup with fresh ginger and coriander leaves. Pumpkins are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as dietary fiber and minerals. Nutritionists recommend pumpkin for its cholesterol control and weight reduction benefits. Fresh coriander leaves can also help reduce cholesterol levels and are high in iron content. So why not try this nutritious soup today and share your thoughts with us!
If you're looking to make the perfect pumpkin soup, here are some helpful tips. Start by peeling and chopping the pumpkin into small pieces and cook it in a pressure cooker with potatoes until you hear one whistle. Let it cool naturally before blending it into a smooth puree. For added creaminess, you can use either coconut milk, cream or milk. Follow these tips to make the perfect pumpkin soup, and you'll have a delicious and healthy meal in no time.
You may also like Carrot Soup, Sweet Corn Chicken Soup, Broccoli Soup, Chicken Talumein Soup, Mushroom Soup and Chicken Clear Soup.
Pumpkin Soup 2017-10-11 06:32:23
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:20
Total Time: 00:30
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- one small sized onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 3 to 4 garlic pods
- 450g yellow pumpkin
- 100g or 1 small sized potato
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut milk
- to taste salt and pepper
- Peel and chop potato and pumpkin into small pieces.
- Wash and remove the roots of coriander leaves and then cut the stalks and leaves separately, keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, over medium heat. When oil heats, add ginger, garlic and onion, cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Then add the stalks of the coriander leaves and give a good stir.
- Then add chopped pumpkins, coriander leaves (reserve some leaves for garnishing) and potatoes, cook for 3 to 4 mins until softened.
- Pour water or vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook for about 10 mins or until the pumpkin is fully cooked.
- With a hand mixer or in a blender, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Return to a saucepan and reheat. When it starts to boil add coconut milk and cook on low heat for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and season it with salt and pepper.
- Then pour into soup bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and coconut milk.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot