Whenever I make this Shrimp Stir fry, I remember my elder son as he likes this dish very much! He always used to start eating the shrimps even before I remove the pan from the stove! Shrimp Stir Fry is one of his favorite dishes! Even though he has moved out now, he still cooks this dish on his own! So friends, try this easy and quick shrimp stir fry recipe and let me know how it came out!
Shrimp Stir Fry
Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions for making tasty shrimp stir fry. Firstly, don’t cook it for more than 5 mins. If you overcook it, then the shrimps will become rubbery. Secondly, if you want to cook small sized shrimps, take care while cooking as it will cook faster. Finally, a well-cooked shrimp would split into two pieces smoothly when cutting with the spoon. That’s the correct stage at which you should switch off the heat and remove from the stove.
Shrimp Stir Fry 2017-05-10 07:54:07
Serves 4 Whenever I make this dish, I remember my elder son as he likes this dish very much! He always used to start eating the shrimps even before I remove the pan from the stove! This is one of his favourite dishes! Even though he has moved out now, he still cooks this dish on his own! So friends, try this easy and quick recipe and let me know how it came out in the comment section! Thank you! Print Prep Time 00:08 Cook Time 00:12 Total Time 00:20
Prep Time 00:08 Cook Time 00:12 Total Time 00:20 For marination
- 500g cleaned and deveined shrimps
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt For Cooking
- 1&1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1&1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 8 shallots
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander Instructions
- Mix all the ingredients for marination to a bowl until well combined and set it aside for 30 mins
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with oil, when the oil heats, add fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick, fry until they splutter.
- Then add chopped onions and fry until browned.
- Also add ginger and garlic paste, and stir well until the raw smell goes.
- Then add marinated shrimps, stir well for one minute, then close the pan with a lid and cook it over a low heat without adding any water.
- Because, the juice which oozes out from the shrimps will be good enough to cook.
- Then open the lid and give a quick stir and close it every 2 mins.
- At the end of the 4th minute, add garam masala powder and stir well. At this stage, check the salt and spice.
- When the gravy becomes dry, switch off the heat and finally, garnish it with coriander leaves. By Santhi therese The Indian Claypot https://theindianclaypot.com/