Are you tired of the same old vegetarian dishes and looking for something new and exciting to add to your meal rotation? Look no further! Spicy Kadai Paneer is here to spice up your day and tantalize your taste buds.
Paneer is a fantastic substitute for meat in a vegetarian diet. Not only does it provide a good amount of protein, but it is also rich in healthy fats and calcium, making it a nutritious addition to any meal.
This delicious dish goes perfectly with roti or chapati, staples of Indian cuisine. So why not try something new and add some excitement to your meal?
Follow along with step-by-step photos to make the perfect Spicy Kadai Paneer every time. Impress your friends and family with your cooking skills, and don't forget to share your thoughts and comments!
You may also like my other paneer recipes like Paneer Tikka, Paneer Manchurian, Palak Paneer, Kadai Paneer Masala, Paneer Jalfrezi, Mattar Paneer Masala, Shahi Paneer, Paneer 65, Paneer Soya bite Korma, Paneer Lababdar, Paneer Butter Masala, Spicy Paneer Tacos, Paneer Bhurji and Palak Paneer Paratha.
Spicy Kadai Paneer Recipe
Sreves: 3. Prep.Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 200 grams paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste (1/4 tsp)
For Spicy Kadai Paneer
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup green capsicum, cubed
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp crushed fenugreek leaves (dry)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Marinate the paneer cubes with turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt in a wide bowl. Mix well until the masala is well coated.
- Blend the chopped tomatoes until pureed and keep it aside.
How to make spicy kadai paneer
- Heat a pan with 3 tbsp oil and add marinated paneer cubes. Fry until browned and remove from the heat.
- Fry diced capsicums for a minute and keep it aside.
- In the remaining oil, add cumin seeds and fry until spluttering.
- Add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and saute well until the raw smell goes.
- Add the tomato puree, cook for one minute and then add salt. Saute well.
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder, stir well until the raw smell leaves.
- Cover and cook until the gravy becomes thick or the oil from the gravy oozes out.
- Add fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder and saute for one more minute.
- Add fried paneer cubes and capsicum and saute well.
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the gravy and stir well.
- Cover and cook for one more minute until the gravy becomes thick.
- Switch off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot
Firstly, in a wide bowl, marinate the paneer cubes with turmeric powder,
red chili powder and salt,
mix well until the masala is well coated and keep it aside.
Then place the chopped tomatoes in a blender and blend until pureed
and keep it aside.
Heat a pan with 3 tbsp oil, When the oil heats, add marinated paneer cubes, fry until browned, remove from the heat and keep it aside.
Then add diced capsicums, fry for a minute and keep it aside.
In the remaining oil, add cumin seeds and fry until spluttering.
Once it splutters, add chopped onions and saute till it turns transparent.
Then add ginger and garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell goes.
Then add the tomato puree, cook for one minute
and then add salt, saute well.
Now add red chili powder and turmeric powder, stirring well until its raw smell leaves.
Cover and cook until the gravy becomes thick or the oil from the gravy oozes out.
Then add fenugreek leaves and garam masala powder and saute for one more minute.
Then add fried paneer cubes and capsicum and saute well.
Now add 2 tbsp of water to the gravy and stir well. Cover and cook for one more minute. Once the gravy becomes thick switch off the heat and finally, garnish it with coriander leaves.You may also like my other Indian Curries posts and recipes like Vendakkai Mor Kuzhambu / Okra Yogurt Gravy, Mutton Peas Masala, Kadai Paneer Masala, Bitter Gourd Curry, Pachai Mochai Curry / Fresh Field Beans Curry, Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry/Palak Paneer, Egg Omelette Curry, Fish Curry Recipe, Mutton Liver Stir fry, Homemade Ginger Garlic Paste, Mutton Chukka/Varuval, Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe, Chole Bhature / Chola Poori, Crab Masala, Chettinad Egg Masala, Matar Paneer Masala, Mutton Curry, Paneer Butter Masala, Soya Chunks Paneer Korma, Coconut Chicken Curry with Potatoes .