Sweet Paniyaram with Idli / Dosa Batter
Hey, are you bored of eating the same and routine snack menu every day, and have a leftover Idli-Dosa batter, then try this yummy recipe.
Sweet Paniyaram recipe with Idli/Dosa Batter with step-by-step photos! Hey, are you bored of eating the same and routine snack menu every day, and have a leftover Idli -Dosa batter at home, then try this simple and yummy recipe. Your children will surely love this and you have to prepare it time and again. Instant Sweet Paniyaram is a healthy, tasty south Indian snack recipe that can be easily prepared with leftover idli batter. It is crisp on the outside and soft and porous on the inside. You can give these as a snack when your kids return home after a busy day at school. I have already posted spicy kara paniyaram by using idly batter. So friends, try these two easy dishes and share your comments!
Finally, you may also like my other healthy breakfast recipes like Healthy Aval/Poha Recipe, Homemade Granola Recipe, Ragi Aval Kozhukattai, Wheat Flour Sweet Appam, Ragi Paal Kozhukattai, Whole Wheat Bread Recipe, Multi grain bread recipe, Healthy Bread Pizza, Whole wheat mixed berry bread, Lemon Blueberry Bread,Raspberry bread, Peanut Butter Recipe, Ragi Roti, Homemade Strawberry Jam, Soft Chapati recipe, Ven Pongal, Steel-cut Oats Porridge, Eggless Buttermilk Pancakes, Whole wheat pancake, Aloo Gobi Paratha, Turkey Frittata, Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bars, Stuffed Palak Paneer Paratha and Whole Wheat Banana Bread.
Sweet Paniyaram with Idli/Dosa Batter
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook Time: 00:15
Total Time: 00:20
- 2 cups thick Idli batter
- 1 /4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped coconut
- 3 to 4 cardamoms
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking soda
- Water as needed
- Oil or ghee as needed
- In a small saucepan, add powdered jaggery and water, boil until thick. If your jaggery is not clean, melt it with water. Filter and boil until thick. Then cool it. Keep it aside.
- Add chopped coconut and cardamoms in a mixie jar and grind until coarsely. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add Idli batter and rice flour, mix well.
- Then add jaggery syrup, mix well.
- Add salt and baking soda, mix well until combined.
- Finally, add the grated coconut mixture and mix well. Add some water and mix well. Now the batter is ready.
How to make Sweet Paniyaram:
- Meanwhile, add a few drops of ghee to all the moulds of the paniyaram pan. Heat up well.
- Turn the heat to medium and fill the moulds to ¾. Cover and cook over medium heat.
- Once the bottom starts browning, using a skewer or spoon, flip it over gently to the other side.
- Cook the other side uncovered until golden brown. Keep an eye on it as it will turn brown very quickly.
- Remove from the heat and serve sweet paniyaram hot or cold.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot
How to make Sweet Paniyaram with Idli/Dosa Batter:
In a small saucepan, add powdered jaggery and water, boil until thick. If your jaggery is not clean, melt it with water. Filter and boil until thick. Then cool it.
Add chopped coconut and cardamoms in a mixie jar and grind until coarsely. Keep it aside.
In a bowl, add Idli batter and rice flour, mix well.
Then add jaggery syrup, mix well.
Then add a pinch of salt and baking soda, mix well until combined.
Finally, add the grated coconut mixture and mix well. Add some water and mix well.
Now the batter is ready.
Add a few drops of ghee to all the moulds of the paniyaram pan. Heat up well.
Turn the heat to medium and fill the molds to ¾.
Cover with a lid and cook.
When the base is set, flip them to the other side and cook until done. Serve sweet paniyaram hot or cold.You may also like my other Healthy Snacks posts and recipes like Easy Bruschetta Recipe, Oats Chocolate Brownie Recipe, Ragi Aval Sweet Kozhukattai, Instant Wheat Flour Sweet Appam, Mysore Bonda Recipe, Pottukadalai / Fried Gram Murukku Recipe, Wheat Butter Cookies, Fried Gram / Pottu Kadalai Urundai, Baked Chakli/Murukku, Green Gram Payasam/Kheer, Black Gram Laddu, Moong Dal Susiyam, Banana Oatmeal Cookies, Microwave Chocolate Mug Cakes, Homemade Peanut Butter, Vazhaipoo Vadai, Eggless Raspberry Pudding, Raspberry Bread, Coconut Sweet Bun, Spicy Potato Buns .