"Celebrate the Magic of Winter with a Perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake!"
Nothing screams winter and the holiday season quite like a beautifully frosted Vanilla Sponge Cake. The color white symbolizes the snow and sugar dust that covers the kitchen during this special time of year. And what better way to bring some joy and brightness to your Christmas celebration than by baking a delicious Vanilla Sponge Cake?
To make sure your cake turns out perfectly, here are some tips from our kitchen to yours. Start by beating the butter and sugar until they are creamy and fluffy, which should take 2-3 minutes. Don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
When it comes to frosting, we recommend starting with a cold bowl and whisk attachment. Place both in the freezer for about 15 minutes before whipping the cream to help it reach its maximum volume. If you prefer, you can also make a delicious buttercream frosting instead of whipped cream.
With these tips in mind, you'll be able to bake a perfect Vanilla Sponge Cake that's sure to bring a smile to everyone's face. Happy baking!
Vanilla Sponge Cake 2016-11-15 10:54:58
Vanilla Sponge Cake
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook Time: 00:30
Total Time: 00:50
- 1 cup (130 g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 60g (at room temperature) unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. then grease 8 inch round pan, dust it with flour and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder, mix well until combined and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy by using a hand mixer.
- Then beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Then add in vanilla essence and mix well until just combined.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and milk in three additions, beginning and ending with flour. Fold it gently by using a wired whisk.
- Then pour this mixture into the greased pan and tap it gently to avoid air bubbles.
- Bake it for 30 mins. or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool it on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream and powdered sugar. By using a hand mixer, beat well on medium to high speed, until it forms a stiff peak.
- Trim the cake and spread this light cream over the cake.
By Santhi ThereseYou may also like my other Christmas Cakes posts and recipes like Eggless Hot Cross Buns, Eggless Donut Recipe, Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe, Eggless Ragi Chocolate Cake, Eggless Rava Cake, Eggless Banana Chocolate Cake, Eggless Strawberry Sauce Cake, Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes, Eggless Strawberry Cake, Eggless Apple Cake, Eggless Carrot Cake, Microwave Chocolate Mug Cakes, Eggless Orange Cake, Eggless Chocolate Marble Cake, Strawberry Streusel Coffee Cake, Christmas Plum Cake, Green Apple Streusel Cake, Meringue Cookies, Strawberry Fruit Fool, Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese .