If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make snack for tea time, then you must try vegetable puffs.
How to Make Delicious Vegetable Puffs for Tea Time
If you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make snack for tea time, then you must try vegetable puffs. These puffs are filled with spicy vegetarian masala and crunchy cashews, making every bite a delight. Plus, they pair perfectly with a cup of chai tea!
- Thaw the pastry sheets to room temperature before using.
- Cut the pastry sheets into equal sizes for even baking.
- Brush the edges of the puffs with water to seal them properly.
- Arrange the puffs on a baking sheet with enough space for even baking.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback. Share your comments below and let us know how it turned out for you!
You may also like Puff Pastry Tart with Cream Cheese and Blueberry Puff Pastry Tarts.
Vegetable Puff 2017-08-25 01:34:04
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook Time: 00:35
- 6 puff pastries
- 1 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potato
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- dash chat masala (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- to taste salt
- 1 lightly beaten egg or milk
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Then thaw the pastry sheets to room temperature.
- Heat a pan with enough oil over medium heat.
- When the oil heats add chopped cashews, fry until they turn into golden brown in color, remove from the pan and then chop roughly.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions, saute until it turns translucent.
- Add chopped carrots, beans and peas, saute until they become little soft.
- Then add mashed potato, mix well for 30 seconds.
- Then add all the powders and salt, mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Finally, add the chopped cashews, give a quick stir. Remove from the heat and let it cool for some time.
- Cut the thawed sheet into 6-inch rectangle size.
- Then brush the edges with water. Place 2 tbsp stuffing at one side or center and fold the other side and lightly press the edges of each puff.
- Then arrange the pastries with enough space on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the pastry with some milk or lightly beaten egg.
- Now place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake it for about 20 to 25 mins or until they turn into golden brown in color.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot