Puff Pastry Tart has always been the go-to dessert for me and my family! This recipe is incredibly easy to make and at the same time delicious. Berries are high in antioxidants and vitamins. They also play an important role in mental health. I already explained about the benefits of berries in my earlier posts. So try this cream cheese tart and share your comments!
Puff Pastry Tart
Just three things are needed to make this simple yet elegant dessert. Furthermore, I would like to give some of my suggestions for making cream cheese tart. Firstly, you need buttery crisp puff pastry. It is readily available in the supermarkets. If you want to use the frozen puff, then defrost it in the refrigerator overnight. Secondly, the creamy filling made with cream cheese and whipping cream. You can also use mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. Finally, the finishing touch is rows of fresh fruits. For the fruit, while I used strawberries and blackberries, you can use whatever fruits as you like.
Notes: If you like, go ahead and make the puff pastry squares several hours before you going to serve them. You can also make the cream cheese filling and store it in the refrigerator separately. But it is best to top the puff with the cream and fruit shortly before serving, otherwise, the cream will soften the puff.
Puff Pastry Tart with Cream Cheese 2017-06-14 05:21:38
Prep Time 00:05 Cook Time 00:40 Total Time 00:45
- 4 store bought puff pastry squares, defrosted
- 1 egg lightly beaten to glaze
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (80 g)
- 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1&1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 12 blackberries or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Meanwhile, defrost or thaw puff pastry squares.
- Place them on a greased pan or on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- By using brush, brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake it for about 35 to 40 mins or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. For Cream Filling
- Meanwhile, in a bowl of an electric stand mixer or by using hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Then add heavy cold whipping cream, sugar and vanilla essence, beat until soft peak forms.
- Once the baked puff pastry squares are cooled, spread or pipe the cream onto them and top with strawberry slices and blackberries.
- If you like , you can dust the powdered sugar on top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
By Santhi Therese The Indian Claypot https://theindianclaypot.com/You may also like my other posts and recipes like .