White sauce pasta is an Italian dish. During our last visit to Rome, We visited a beautiful Italian restaurant! We ordered two kinds of pasta, one with some creamy white sauce and one with spicy red sauce! My entire family loved the amazing flavors of these dishes! So as soon as we came back, I tried it out myself and it came out to be really delicious! I will share both recipes soon but today I am sharing the recipe for White Sauce Pasta! Hope you like it! So try it out and share your comments!
White sauce pasta is a very simple to make and at the same time tasty dish. Your kids will definitely like this dish very much. It is also a great way to add all the veggies to your kids.
Furthermore, I would like to share some of my suggestions for making perfect white sauce pasta. Firstly, cook pasta with plenty of water with salt and cook the pasta until they are springy and chewy. Do not take it to the point of being mushy. Then drain all the water and wash it in cold water.
Secondly, for the sauce, add butter, flour and milk in the proportion of 1:1.5:1.5, then you will get the right consistency. Then try to cook the vegetables over high heat until crunchy. Don’t overcook. You can also add cucumber and canned mushrooms. Finally, vegans can use almond milk instead of full-fat milk.
Creamy White Sauce Pasta 2021-02-20 06:18:56
Creamy White Sauce Pasta
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook Time: 00:25
Total Time: 00:30
- 100 grams Pasta
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Corn Flour/All-Purpose Flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups Cold Milk
- 3 to 4, finely chopped Garlic Pods
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 small sized Carrot
- 1/2 cup (red, green and yellow) Mixed Capsicums
- 7 to 8 pieces, blanched Broccoli
- 7 (black and green) Olives
- 5 (optional) Jalapenos
- 2 tbsp Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- A pinch or as needed Salt and Pepper Powder
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- In a large pot, bring water to boil, cook pasta with salt and oil until al dente, (tender but still slightly firm).
- Then drain the water and rinse with cold tap water and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables in round shape or in small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan or wok with olive oil, over high heat.
- When the oil heats, add all the vegetables and a pinch of salt and pepper, give a quick stir.
- Then pour 2 tbsp. of water and stir continuously for about 2 mins or until all the veggies are slightly cooked. Remove from the heat and keep it aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, when it melts, add garlic pieces and saute till they turn into golden brown.
- Then add the cornflour or all-purpose flour and whisk well.
- When it turns into golden brown, add milk and whisk continuously until combined.
- When the sauce becomes thick, add pepper, salt and oregano.
- Now combine the half cooked veggies and pasta to the pan and stir it for one minute or until combined.
- Finally, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of oregano and cheese over the pasta and serve it hot. Enjoy!!!
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot