"Indulge in a Healthy and Delicious Dessert with Panna Cotta Parfaits with Raspberry Compote!
Are you looking for a dessert that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than Panna Cotta Parfaits with Raspberry Compote! This dish is perfect for diabetics, as it is made with ingredients like raspberries and oranges, which are known for their numerous health benefits. If you missed it, I have previously written about the health benefits of raspberries in my blog!
Welcome to today's delightful recipe featuring a classic Italian dessert with a fruity twist - Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote. This creamy and luscious dessert is the perfect combination of smooth panna cotta and tangy raspberry compote that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Keep reading to learn how to make this indulgent treat at home.
What Is Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote?
- Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote is a delightful and refreshing dessert that combines the creamy richness of panna cotta with the tartness of raspberry compote. This Italian dessert is made with a mixture of low-fat milk, whipping cream, and unflavored gelatin, sweetened with low-calorie sweetener and flavored with vanilla essence.
- The raspberry compote is made with fresh raspberries, orange juice, and a touch of cornflour to thicken, resulting in a luscious topping for the panna cotta. The combination of creamy, smooth panna cotta and the tangy, sweet raspberry compote is a match made in dessert heaven. This recipe is the perfect blend of flavors and textures, creating a truly indulgent treat.
Why You'll Love Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote?
- Creamy and Smooth Texture: The panna cotta has a velvety, smooth texture that melts in your mouth with each bite, making it a delightful dessert to enjoy.
- Low-Calorie Sweetener and Low Fat Ingredients: This recipe uses low-fat milk, low-fat whipping cream, and low-calorie sweetener packs, making it a healthier option for those looking to indulge without the guilt.
- High in Antioxidants: Fresh raspberries used in the compote are packed with antioxidants, which are beneficial for overall health and can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Rich in Calcium: The milk and whipping cream used in the panna cotta are excellent sources of calcium, promoting bone health and overall wellness.
- No Artificial Flavors: With the use of natural ingredients like vanilla essence and fresh raspberries, this dessert is free from artificial flavors and additives.
- Refreshing and Light: The combination of the creamy panna cotta and tangy raspberry compote creates a refreshing and light dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients for Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote
- Low fat milk: Adds a creamy texture and a subtle dairy flavor to the panna cotta.
- Low fat whipping cream: Provides richness and a smooth, velvety texture to the panna cotta.
- Unflavored gelatin: Helps the panna cotta set and gives it a firm, yet delicate consistency.
- Tropicana Slim low calorie sweetener packs: Sweetens the panna cotta and raspberry compote without adding extra calories.
- Vanilla essence: Infuses a sweet, floral aroma and flavor to the panna cotta.
- Fresh raspberries: Adds a natural sweetness and tangy flavor to the raspberry compote, as well as a pop of vibrant color.
How To Make Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote?
- To make Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote, start by combining milk and unflavored gelatin in a saucepan and letting it sit for 10 minutes. Then, add sweetener, salt, and heat the mixture without boiling. Once slightly warm, add whipping cream and vanilla essence. Pour the mixture into cups and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Next, make the raspberry compote by boiling fresh raspberries, orange juice, cornflour, and sweetener. Mash the fruits and simmer until thickened. Let it cool, then spoon it over the panna cotta and refrigerate for 2 hours. Finally, garnish with mint leaves before serving.
- Pair with Fresh Berries: Serve the panna cotta with raspberry compote with a side of fresh mixed berries for a burst of fruity flavors that complement each other perfectly.
- Whipped Cream: Add a dollop of whipped cream on top of the panna cotta for an extra creamy and indulgent touch.
- Shortbread Cookies: Accompany the dessert with some shortbread cookies for a bit of crunch and a delightful contrast to the creamy texture of the panna cotta.
- Mint Garnish: Enhance the presentation and flavor by garnishing with a sprig of fresh mint for a touch of freshness.
- Champagne or Prosecco: For a special occasion, pair the dessert with a glass of champagne or Prosecco to elevate the dining experience.
- Espresso: Complete the meal with a shot of espresso for a perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness.
Tips for Making Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote
- Preparation Duration: It's important to set aside enough time for the panna cotta to set in the refrigerator. Plan for at least 2 hours of refrigeration before adding the raspberry compote.
- Cooking Technique: When making the raspberry compote, be sure to stir continuously over medium heat and mash the fruits with a wooden spoon to achieve the right consistency. This process takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnishing for Presentation: Garnish the panna cotta with raspberry compote with fresh mint leaves for a pop of color and added freshness. Presentation is key for this elegant dessert.
Variations for Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote
- Fruit Variations: Try using different fruits for the compote such as strawberries, blueberries, or even a mix of fruits for a unique flavor.
- Nutty Twist: Add a crunchy twist by sprinkling some chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios, or hazelnuts on top of the panna cotta for added texture and flavor.
- Citrus Infusion: Experiment with citrus flavors by adding a hint of lemon or lime zest to the panna cotta mixture for a refreshing taste.
- Chocolate Indulgence: For all the chocolate lovers out there, try adding some cocoa powder to the panna cotta mixture for a decadent chocolatey treat.
- Spiced Flavors: Infuse warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to the milk mixture for a cozy and aromatic panna cotta experience.
- Boozy Panna Cotta: For an adult twist, add a splash of your favorite liqueur such as Kahlua, Grand Marnier, or amaretto to the panna cotta mixture for a sophisticated dessert option.
How to Store Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote
- Storing Panna Cotta: After preparing the panna cotta, store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 days. Make sure to cover the cups or containers with plastic wrap or airtight lids to maintain its freshness and prevent any absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge.
- Storing Raspberry Compote: Once the raspberry compote has cooled completely, transfer it to a clean, airtight jar or container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Ensure the compote is sealed properly to prevent any spoilage.
- Importance of Proper Storage: Proper storage of the panna cotta and raspberry compote is crucial to maintain their freshness and prevent them from spoiling. The right storage techniques will ensure that you can enjoy the delicious dessert for a few days without compromising on its taste and quality.
- Keep the Ingredients Fresh: To keep the panna cotta and raspberry compote fresh, make sure to use fresh, high-quality ingredients when preparing the recipe. Fresh raspberries and oranges will enhance the flavor and texture of the dessert.
- Refrigeration Is Key: Refrigerating the panna cotta and raspberry compote is essential to keep them fresh and safe for consumption. The cool temperature of the refrigerator will help preserve the desserts and prevent bacterial growth.
- Prevent Freezer Burn: If you plan to store the panna cotta and raspberry compote in the freezer, ensure they are stored in airtight containers to prevent freezer burn. Label the containers with the storage date to keep track of their freshness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use full-fat milk and cream for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use full-fat milk and cream if you prefer a richer and creamier texture in your panna cotta. Just keep in mind that it will result in a higher calorie and fat content.
How can I adjust the sweetness of the raspberry compote?
- You can adjust the sweetness of the raspberry compote by adding more or less sweetener packs according to your taste preference. You can also substitute the sweetener with sugar if desired.
Can I use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones?
- Yes, you can use frozen raspberries for the compote if fresh raspberries are not available. Just allow them to thaw before using and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the panna cotta and raspberry compote ahead of time and refrigerate them separately. Assemble them together right before serving for the best results.
Can I use other fruits for the compote?
- Yes, you can use other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries to make a different flavored compote to pair with the panna cotta.
How long will the panna cotta with raspberry compote last in the refrigerator?
- The panna cotta with raspberry compote will last for up to 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to cover it tightly to maintain the freshness.
Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote 2017-08-25 01:46:17
Panna Cotta with Raspberry Compote
Prep Time: 4:00
Cook Time: 0:15
Total Time: 4:15
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup low fat whipping cream
- 1&1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 4 tropicana slim low calorie sweetener packs
- a pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 16 oz fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp corn flour
- some mint leaves
- Off the heat, place milk in a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin, stir well until incorporated and set it aside for 10 mins.
- Then add sweetener and salt into the milk, mix well and place the pan over low heat and stir continuously until the mixture is steaming, about 4 to 5 mins. Don't boil. Remove from the heat.
- When it becomes barely warm, add heavy whipping cream and vanilla essence, stir well.
- Then pour the milk mixture into the cups equally and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add fresh raspberries, orange juice, corn flour and sweetener packs, stir well until well combined and bring it to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat slightly, stir continuously with the help of a wooden spoon to mash the fruits.
- When it becomes slightly thick (it takes 8 to 10 mins), remove from the heat and let it cool completely for some time.
- Then spoon the raspberry compote over the panna cotta equally and refrigerate it for 2 hours. Finally, garnish it with some mint leaves.