Looking for a breakfast recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes!
Delicious Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe for a Perfect Breakfast.
Looking for a breakfast recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes! This recipe is a favorite of my family, and we can't get enough of the light and spongy texture that only buttermilk can provide. These pancakes taste great with pure maple syrup, but for an extra treat, try them with whipped cream and strawberries.
To make the perfect buttermilk pancakes, start by brushing a non-stick pan with oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Then reduce the heat to medium and pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom becomes golden, then flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden and the pancake is cooked through. If the pancake is browning too quickly or the inside is not set, lower the heat. Brush some oil between batches to prevent sticking.
While buttermilk can be bought at the store, you can also make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Just stir the lemon juice or vinegar into the milk and let it stand for 10 minutes before using. If you have leftover pancakes, they can be frozen and easily reheated in the oven or toaster. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think!
You may also like Blueberry Pancake and Baked Pancake Recipe.
Buttermilk Pancakes 2017-02-05 06:35:06
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:10
Total Time: 00:20
- 130 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1&1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp (optional) water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- to grease the pan extra olive oil or melted butter
- whipped cream
- tutti frutti
- In a wide bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together beaten egg, buttermilk, vanilla essence and melted butter until incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and then pour in the egg mixture, all at once and stir gently until combined.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until a few sprinkle of water dropped on the pan splatter.
- Then grease the pan with oil or melted butter and pour 1 ladle of batter onto the hot pan.
- When the bottom of the pancake becomes brown and bubbles start to appear on the top surface of the pancake, turn over.
- Cook until lightly browned. Repeat the same process for the remaining batter also.
- Decorate the pancakes with strawberries, whipped cream, tutti frutti and honey or maple syrup.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot