Okra Stir Fry
Looking for a simple and healthy recipe? Look no further than this Okra/Vendakkai Stir Fry!
Looking for a simple and healthy recipe? Look no further than this Okra/Vendakkai Stir Fry! This South Indian dish is easy to make and perfect as a side dish with rasam and sambar. Not only is it delicious, but it also has many health benefits, including improving memory power and being good for diabetics.
To make the perfect okra stir fry, start by washing the okra and cutting off the head and tail. Cut into small pieces, but not too small as it can become sticky. To prevent sliminess, add ghee or lemon juice to the dish. You can also add red chili powder or sambar powder for extra spice.
In just 8 to 10 minutes, your okra stir fry will be ready to serve! So try this recipe and let us know what you think. It's a great way to add a nutritious and tasty dish to your diet.
You may also like Okra Sambar. and other my stir fry recipes such as Potato and Cauliflower Stir Fry, Pan Fried Elephant Yam and Shrimp Stir Fry.
Okra Stir Fry 2018-04-02 04:54:58
Okra Stir Fry
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:12
Total Time: 00:22
- 300g, cut into thin rounds okra/vendakkai/ladies finger
- 2, slitted green chilies
- 1/2, thinly sliced medium sized onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and urad dal
- Heat a pan with oil over medium heat. When the oil heats, add mustard seeds and urad and fry until spluttering.
- Then add sliced onion and green chilies, fry until the onions are translucent.
- Further add okra and saute for one minute.
- Then add salt and stir fry for another 5 mins.
- Keep stirring it now and then for even cooking.
- After 5 mins add ghee and saute till the okra gets nicely browned.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot