Veg Fried Rice
In need of a quick, easy, and delicious meal? Try making Veg Fried Rice!
In need of a quick, easy, and delicious meal? Try making Veg Fried Rice! This dish is not only healthy but also has an amazing taste that you won't be able to resist. In just 30 minutes, you can have a fresh plate of Veg Fried Rice ready to eat. Don't have freshly cooked rice? No worries, you can use leftover rice for this recipe as well.
For the perfect fried rice, make sure to cook the rice until it's dense and fluffy, and use a fork to fluff it. If you're feeling tired or lazy, or simply not well, Veg Fried Rice is the perfect dish to lift your spirits! Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments.
Finally, you may also like my other Indo Chinese Recipes such as Gobi Manchurian, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Orange Chicken, Honey Glazed Salmon and Schezwan Sauce.
Veg Fried Rice 2018-05-17 07:36:53
Veg Fried Rice
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:10
Total Time: 00:20
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicums
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp white or black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- While cooking the rice, add salt, 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of oil. Rice should be separated and fluffy. Spread the rice in a plate and cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or a wide pan with oil over high heat.
- When the oil heats, add chopped garlic and stir well till the aroma comes or it turns into light golden brown.
- Then add spring onion whites and stir well.
- Then add mixed vegetables and fry till they are almost cooked, but crunchy.
- Finally, add chopped capsicums and give a quick stir.
- Also, add pepper powder (1/2 tsp only), salt and soy sauce and give a quick stir.
- At this stage, add rice and mix well for 1 to 2 mins.
- Then add vinegar and 1/2 tsp of pepper powder and mix well until well combined.
- Check the salt. Add salt, if needed and finally, garnish with spring onion greens.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot