Falooda Dessert Recipe
Looking for a delicious and refreshing dessert that's perfect for the summer? Look no further than Falooda!
Looking for a delicious and refreshing dessert that's perfect for the summer? Look no further than Falooda! This popular Indian dessert, particularly in Northern India, is not only tasty, but also helps cool down your body with the addition of ice cream and basil seeds. Plus, you can customize it with your favorite fruits for a dessert that your kids are sure to love!
To make my favorite Falooda Dessert Recipe, start with falooda sev or vermicelli. You can even use leftover sago vermicelli payasam for a unique twist. Add basil seeds, which are known for their cooling properties, and your favorite fruits. And of course, top it all off with a scoop of ice cream!
If you're looking for a variation, try adding cooked sago instead of vermicelli. This version is sure to be a hit with your kids! And if you already have basil seeds at home, this is the perfect way to use them up.
So why not give this Falooda Dessert Recipe a try and surprise your family with a delicious and refreshing dessert? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below!
You may also like my other summer treats recipes such as Mango Ice Cream, Strawberry Ice Cream, Blueberry Cheese Cake Ice Cream, Blackberry Ice Cream and Kulfi Ice Cream
Falooda Dessert Recipe 2017-06-21 05:14:58
Falooda Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 00:30
Cook Time: 00:10
Total Time: 00:40
- 1/4 cup Vermicelli
- 1 cup Boiled Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Few drops Green Food Color
- 1 tbsp Basil Seeds / Sabza Seeds
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 tbsp Strawberry Jelly
- 1/4 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 2 scoops Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp Tutti Frutti or Candied Fruits for garnishing
- 2 tsp Chopped Pistachios for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Seeds for garnishing
- Soak the basil seeds in a glass of water for 30 mins or until they swell.
- Once they swell, drain the water and then set the seeds aside.
- Prepare strawberry jelly as per the instructions are given in the packet and set aside for further use.
- Meanwhile, boil one cup of milk.
- When it starts to boil add 1/4 cup of vermicelli and cook it for 3 to 4 mins.
- Make sure it should not be mushy (Stir continuously over high heat).
- When the milk becomes thick and the vermicelli cooked, add 1 tsp sugar, mix well and then switch off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Then add few drops of green food color and mix well until combined and keep it aside.
- Take 2 falooda glasses.
- Then pour 1 tbsp of honey in each glass.
- Also add half of the soaked basil seeds on top of the honey.
- Then add sliced strawberries, 2 tbsp of cooked vermicelli, 2 tbsp of strawberry jelly on top of one another.
- Finally, add 1 scoop of any ice cream and garnish it with chopped pistachios, pomegranate seeds and tutti frutti or candied fruits.
- Now your tasty Falooda is ready to serve. Serve it immediately and enjoy!
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot