Looking for a delicious and easy recipe for baked chicken drumsticks in the oven? Look no further! This recipe for oven-baked chicken drumsticks is packed with flavor and guaranteed to be a hit with your family and friends. The marination process ensures that the chicken is tender and juicy, while the oven baking gives it a crispy, golden brown finish. Plus, it's a simple and hassle-free way to prepare a mouthwatering dish that everyone will love. Keep reading to learn how to make this delectable dish in just a few easy steps.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven: A Succulent Indian Delight
- When it comes to baked chicken drumsticks in oven, the combination of succulent chicken legs with Indian spices and seasoning creates a unique and flavorful dish. The marination of ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and olive oil brings out the rich and aromatic taste of the chicken, making it a delightful dish for any occasion.
Why You'll Love Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven?
- Crispy Texture: Baking chicken drumsticks in the oven gives it a crispy texture on the outside while keeping the meat tender and juicy on the inside. It's the perfect combination of crunch and succulence.
- Healthier Option: Unlike frying, baking the chicken drumsticks in the oven requires less oil, making it a healthier choice. You can enjoy the delicious flavor without the guilt.
- High Protein: Chicken drumsticks are a great source of protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair. Baking them in the oven allows you to retain the protein content without the added unhealthy fats.
- Versatile Flavors: You can experiment with various marinades and seasonings to customize the flavor of the baked chicken drumsticks. From spicy to savory, the options are endless.
- Easy Preparation: With just a few simple steps, you can have a flavorful and satisfying meal. The marination process adds depth to the flavor while the oven does all the work for you.
- Family-Friendly: Baked chicken drumsticks in the oven are a hit with the whole family. It's a convenient and budget-friendly way to serve a crowd-pleasing dish for gatherings or weeknight meals.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven
- Chicken drumsticks: These juicy and flavorful cuts of meat are the star of the dish, providing a rich and savory taste.
- Ginger garlic paste: Adds a strong and aromatic flavor to the marinade, enhancing the overall taste of the chicken.
- Fresh lemon juice: Provides a tangy and citrusy flavor, adding brightness to the marinade.
- Red chili powder: Infuses the chicken with a spicy kick, adding heat and depth to the flavor profile.
- Salt: Balances the flavors of the marinade and helps to enhance the natural taste of the chicken.
- Olive oil: Adds a rich and smooth texture to the marinade, helping to tenderize the chicken and keep it moist during baking.
How To Make Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven?
For a delicious and flavorful experience, follow these simple steps to make baked chicken drumsticks in the oven.
- Start by marinating the chicken drumsticks with a mixture of ginger garlic paste, fresh lemon juice, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and olive oil. It's important to let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to fully infuse into the meat.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking pan with foil, greasing it with oil or spray butter. Arrange the marinated chicken legs in a single layer on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then turn the pieces and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Once done, your crispy and tasty oven-baked chicken drumsticks are ready to be served! These key steps are essential to ensure that the chicken is fully flavored and cooked to perfection. Enjoy the delicious outcome of your efforts!
- Complementary Sides: For a perfectly balanced meal, consider serving the baked chicken drumsticks with a side of roasted vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers. The combination of the succulent chicken with the flavorful roasted vegetables makes for a satisfying and healthy meal.
- Mashed Potatoes: The creamy texture of mashed potatoes pairs beautifully with the crispy outer layer of the chicken drumsticks. It's a classic side dish that adds a comforting element to the meal.
- Mixed Green Salad: Balance out the richness of the chicken with a refreshing mixed green salad. The freshness of the salad complements the savory flavors of the baked chicken, creating a delightful contrast.
- Garlic Bread: Add a side of garlic bread to soak up the delicious juices from the chicken. The garlic-infused bread provides a savory element that enhances the overall dining experience.
- Rice Pilaf: For a heartier option, consider serving the chicken drumsticks with a side of fragrant rice pilaf. The aromatic rice adds depth to the meal, creating a satisfying and flavorful combination.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob: The sweetness of the grilled corn on the cob pairs perfectly with the savory chicken drumsticks. It's a simple yet delicious side dish that adds a touch of summer to the meal.
Tips for Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven
- Preparation Duration: Marinate the chicken legs for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Cooking Techniques: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and arrange the chicken legs in a single layer to ensure even cooking and browning.
- Importance of Garnishing: Garnish the baked chicken drumsticks with fresh herbs or a sprinkle of lemon juice for a pop of color and added flavor.
- Even Heat Distribution: Ensure the chicken legs are evenly spaced on the baking pan to allow for proper heat circulation and thorough cooking.
- Crispy Texture: For extra crispiness, brush the chicken legs with a little bit of olive oil or butter before baking.
- Quality Check: To ensure the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to verify that the internal temperature has reached 165°F (75°C) before serving.
Variations for Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven
- Spicy Variation: Try adding extra red chili powder or some hot sauce for those who love a spicier kick to their baked chicken drumsticks.
- Herbed Variation: Instead of the garam masala, experiment with different herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano for a more aromatic and herby flavor.
- Citrus Variation: Add some orange or lime zest to the marinade for a zesty and tangy twist to the baked chicken drumsticks.
- Asian Fusion Variation: Swap the garam masala with some soy sauce, honey, and a touch of sesame oil for an Asian-inspired flavor profile.
- BBQ Variation: Brush the baked chicken drumsticks with your favorite BBQ sauce for a classic smoky and sweet flavor.
- Cheesy Variation: Sprinkle some grated parmesan or cheddar cheese on top of the drumsticks for a tasty and cheesy baked chicken experience.
How to Store Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven
- Proper Storage: It's essential to store the marinated chicken drumsticks in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to infuse and tenderize the meat.
- Maintain Freshness: After baking the chicken drumsticks, allow them to cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help maintain their freshness and prevent them from drying out.
- Emphasize Importance of Refrigeration: Refrigeration is crucial to prevent the growth of bacteria and keep the chicken drumsticks safe to consume. Always store them in the coldest part of the refrigerator, usually the back of the bottom shelf.
- Use Within a Few Days: For the best taste and quality, it's recommended to consume the oven-baked chicken drumsticks within 3-4 days of refrigeration.
- Avoid Freezing: While you can freeze the baked chicken drumsticks, the texture may change and become less desirable. It's best to enjoy them fresh or within a few days of baking.
- Reheating Tip: When reheating the refrigerated chicken drumsticks, place them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through. This will help maintain their crispiness and flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use chicken thighs instead of drumsticks?
- Yes, you can definitely use chicken thighs instead of drumsticks for this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly as thighs may take a little longer to cook.
Can I marinate the chicken for less than 2 hours?
- Yes, you can marinate the chicken for less than 2 hours if you're short on time. However, marinating for a longer period, even overnight, will result in more flavorful chicken.
Can I use a different oil for greasing the baking pan?
- Yes, you can use any cooking oil of your choice for greasing the baking pan. However, olive oil or spray butter is recommended for the best results.
How can I make the chicken more spicy?
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can increase the amount of red chili powder in the marinade. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra kick.
Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use boneless chicken for this recipe. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as boneless chicken will cook faster than drumsticks.
Can I add any other spices to the marinade?
- Feel free to customize the marinade with your favorite spices. You can add cumin, coriander, or paprika to enhance the flavor according to your preference.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven 2017-06-02 04:57:57
Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Oven
Prep Time 00:10
Cook Time 01:00
Total Time 01:10
- 450g chicken drumsticks
- 1&1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1&1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash chicken legs, drain the water and then pat dry with kitchen tissues.
- Then marinate the chicken legs with the ingredients given under 'Marination', mix it well and set it aside for about 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Then line a baking pan with foil and grease it with some oil or spray butter or oil.
- Also arrange the legs in a single layer and place it in the preheated oven for about 30 mins.
- Then turn the chicken pieces and again bake it for 30 mins or until it becomes golden brown.
- Now crispy as well tasty oven baked chicken drumsticks are ready to serve! By Santhi Therese The Indian Claypot https://theindianclaypot.com/