Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Warm up this winter with the most popular Indo-Chinese soup recipe – Sweet Corn Chicken Soup!
Warm up this winter with the most popular Indo-Chinese soup recipe – Sweet Corn Chicken Soup! As a food blogger, I have shared some amazing soup recipes like (Carrot Soup, Pumpkin Soup, Chicken Talumein Soup, Mushroom Soup Creamy Tomato Soup and Chicken Clear Soup) previously. this one tops them all off with its delicious flavors and warm texture.
If you want to make the perfect Sweet Corn Chicken Soup, here are some tips that will come in handy. Firstly, cut the chicken breast into thin strips for a better texture. Secondly, add a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar if you are using light soy sauce because Worcestershire sauce already contains vinegar. In this recipe, I have used store-bought canned cream-style sweet corn. Finally, add the beaten egg slowly through a stainless steel filter by using a spoon, which will form into thin white threads in the soup. Gently mix for a minute and turn off the heat. Serve this delicious soup with some chopped green onions.
So, what are you waiting for? Give this famous Sweet Corn Chicken Soup a try and enjoy the flavors of Southern Asia. Don't forget to leave your comments and share your thoughts!
Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 150 grams boneless chicken breast
- 420 grams canned sweet corn cream style
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 to 4 garlic pods, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion whites and greens
- 1 to 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or light soy sauce according to your taste
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- some chopped spring onion greens for garnishing
- Clean and then cut chicken breast into thin strips.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, over medium heat, saute chopped garlic, ginger, and spring onions for one minute or until softened.
- Add chicken strips and saute until they turn white in color.
- Pour chicken stock, cream style sweet corn, and sweet corn kernels and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add sauce, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, mix cornflour in water in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour the cornflour mixture slowly and keep stirring until the soup thickens slightly.
- Slowly add beaten egg through a stainless steel filter using a spoon. The egg will form thin white threads in the soup. Gently mix for a minute and turn off heat.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Finally, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
By Santhi Therese
Source: The Indian Claypot