Ever got tired of going to the nearest Fried Chicken place and eating the same old oily chicken strips? Oh boy, have I got a recipe for you! Follow along and make this amazingly crispy chicken strips right at home, that’ll leave you wanting for more! Whenever I tried these out for my kids, the plates were empty a second after I placed the strips onto them. I’m sure you are going to get back to me with the same kinda stories! So trust me, this is a recipe you don’t want to miss!
Welcome to our recipe for delicious crispy chicken strips! This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. The combination of spices and the crispy coating will have you reaching for seconds. Let's get started on making these mouthwatering chicken strips!
What Are Chicken Strips?
Crispy Chicken Strips are a delicious and flavorful dish made with thin slices of chicken breasts marinated in a combination of Indian spices and unique seasoning. The succulent chicken is coated in a crispy outer layer, making it a perfect appetizer or main course. With a hint of red chili powder, pepper powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, these chicken strips are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Why You'll Love Chicken Strips?
- Crunchy Texture: These crispy chicken strips have a satisfying, crunchy texture that is irresistible. The panko bread crumbs create a perfect crispy coating, making these chicken strips a delicious and enjoyable meal or snack.
- Healthier Option: By using lean chicken breast and shallow frying instead of deep frying, this recipe provides a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken strips. It's a great way to enjoy the crispy, flavorful taste without the excess oil.
- High in Protein: Chicken is a great source of protein, which is essential for muscle growth, repair, and overall health. These crispy chicken strips are a tasty way to incorporate more protein into your diet.
- Versatile: These chicken strips can be served as a main dish, a snack, or even added to salads and wraps for a satisfying meal. Their versatility makes them a great option for a variety of occasions.
- Family-Friendly: Kids and adults alike will love the crispy, flavorful appeal of these chicken strips. They are a family-friendly option for a quick and easy dinner or a satisfying party appetizer.
- Easy to Make: With a simple marinating process and basic breading steps, these crispy chicken strips are easy to prepare at home. They require minimal ingredients and can be ready in no time, making them a convenient choice for any meal.
Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Strips
- Chicken breasts: The main ingredient in crispy chicken strips, providing a lean and tender meat base for the dish.
- Red chili powder: Adds a hint of spicy flavor to the chicken strips, enhancing their overall taste.
- Pepper powder: Brings a subtle heat and earthy flavor to the chicken strips, complementing the other spices.
- Garlic powder: Infuses the chicken strips with a delicious garlic flavor, adding depth to the dish.
- Onion powder: Contributes a sweet and aromatic taste to the chicken strips, creating a well-rounded flavor profile.
- Panko bread crumbs: Provides a crispy and crunchy coating for the chicken strips, adding texture and a satisfying bite.
How To Make Crispy Chicken Strips?
- To make crispy chicken strips, start by marinating the chicken with salt, pepper, red chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Let it sit for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat.
- Next, prepare three separate bowls - one with flour and salt, the second with beaten egg, and the third with panko bread crumbs, salt, and red chili powder.
- Coat each chicken strip in the flour mixture, then dip it in the beaten egg, and finally, coat it in the bread crumbs. This triple coating ensures that the chicken strips turn out extra crispy and flavorful.
- Once coated, fry the chicken strips in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. The triple coating and deep-frying method are essential for achieving the perfect crispy texture and delicious flavor.
By following these steps and paying attention to the key coating and frying process, you can enjoy perfectly crispy and flavorful chicken strips every time.
- Pair with Salad: Serve the crispy chicken strips with a fresh garden salad for a well-balanced meal. The crispy texture of the chicken pairs perfectly with the crispness of the salad, providing a delicious contrast in flavors.
- Side of Fries: For a classic combination, consider serving the chicken strips with a side of golden, crispy fries. The crunch of the fries complements the crispy chicken, creating a satisfying and tasty meal.
- Dipping Sauces: Offer a variety of dipping sauces such as barbecue, honey mustard, or ranch dressing to enhance the flavors of the chicken strips. These sauces provide additional layers of taste and a fun, customizable dining experience.
- Vegetable Medley: Create a colorful and nutritious meal by serving the chicken strips with a mix of roasted or steamed vegetables. The combination of flavors and textures will make for a satisfying and wholesome dish.
- Rice or Quinoa: Provide a base of fluffy rice or protein-packed quinoa to accompany the chicken strips. This will create a well-rounded meal, offering a good balance of carbohydrates and protein.
- Garlic Bread: Complete the meal with a side of warm, buttery garlic bread. The savory taste of the garlic bread will complement the flavors of the crispy chicken strips, providing a truly comforting and delicious dining experience.
Tips for Making Crispy Chicken Strips
- Preparation Duration: Marinate the chicken for at least 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to infuse and the meat to tenderize.
- Coating Technique: When coating the chicken strips with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, ensure that each strip is evenly coated on all sides for a consistent crispy texture.
- Oil Temperature: Maintain the oil temperature at around 160 degrees C for deep frying to ensure the chicken strips cook evenly and achieve a golden-brown color.
- Garnishing for Presentation: Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley or a squeeze of lemon juice on the crispy chicken strips before serving to elevate the presentation and add a pop of freshness.
- Testing for Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken strips reaches 75°C (165°F) to guarantee they are fully cooked.
- Draining Excess Oil: After frying, allow the chicken strips to drain on paper towels to remove excess oil and keep them crispy.
Variations for Crispy Chicken Strips
- Different seasonings: Try using different seasonings such as Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or even taco seasoning to give the chicken strips a different flavor profile.
- Cheese coating: Instead of using bread crumbs, try coating the chicken strips with grated Parmesan cheese or even crushed cornflakes for a cheesy and crunchy coating.
- Spicy kick: Add a kick to the chicken strips by mixing hot sauce or Sriracha into the beaten egg before coating the chicken strips for a spicy twist.
- Gluten-free option: For a gluten-free option, substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour or gluten-free bread crumbs to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Baked chicken strips: For a healthier alternative, skip the deep-frying and bake the chicken strips in the oven at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, for a crispy and guilt-free option.
- Dipping sauces: Pair the crispy chicken strips with different dipping sauces such as honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing to add extra flavor and fun to the meal.
How to Store Crispy Chicken Strips
- Storing the Chicken Strips: After making the crispy chicken strips, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help maintain their freshness and prevent them from becoming soggy.
- Storing the Chicken Breasts: When marinating the chicken breasts, be sure to store them in a sealed container or a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. This will help the flavors to infuse into the chicken and keep it fresh.
- Keeping the Bread Crumbs Fresh: Store the remaining bread crumbs in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will prevent them from becoming stale and losing their crispy texture.
- Preserving the Oil: If you have any leftover oil after frying the chicken strips, allow it to cool completely and then strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any debris. Store the oil in a sealed container in a cool, dark place to keep it fresh for future use.
- Maintaining the Egg Freshness: If there are any eggs left over from the recipe, store them in their original carton in the refrigerator. Eggs should be stored in their original container to protect them from absorbing strong odors and flavors from other foods.
- Organizing the Ingredients: Keep all the ingredients used for making the crispy chicken strips organized and easily accessible. This will make it easier to prepare the dish the next time and ensure that all the ingredients remain fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for the crispy chicken strips?
- Yes, you can definitely use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for this recipe. Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary slightly, so be sure to adjust accordingly.
How can I make the crispy chicken strips healthier?
- If you're looking to make this dish a bit healthier, you can try baking the chicken strips instead of deep frying them. Simply preheat your oven to 400°F and bake the strips for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown.
What can I serve with the crispy chicken strips?
- You can serve the crispy chicken strips with a side of your choice, such as a fresh salad, coleslaw, or some roasted vegetables. They also pair well with dipping sauces like honey mustard, barbecue sauce, or ranch dressing.
Can I make the crispy chicken strips ahead of time and reheat them?
- Yes, you can make the crispy chicken strips ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy again.
How can I add more flavor to the chicken strips?
- If you'd like to add more flavor to the chicken strips, you can experiment with different spices in the marinade, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, or Italian seasoning. You can also try adding some grated Parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs for a cheesy twist.
Can I use a different type of coating instead of bread crumbs?
- Yes, you can use crushed cornflakes, crushed pretzels, or even crushed potato chips as an alternative to bread crumbs for the coating. Get creative and try out different coatings to see what you prefer!
Crispy Chicken Strips
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 01:10
- Cook Time: 00:15
- Total Time: 01:25
- 450 grams chicken breasts (cut into thin slices)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- Salt, as needed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt, as needed (1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 to 2 eggs, as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, and red chili powder. Then add garlic powder and onion powder; mix well until coated and keep it aside for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Place flour and salt in one bowl and mix well. In a second bowl, add egg and beat it slightly. In a third bowl, add bread crumbs, salt, and red chili powder, mix well.
- Pour enough oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Alternatively, you can also use a deep fryer at 160 degrees C.
- Take each chicken strip and put it in the flour bowl and coat both sides with flour. Shake off any excess flour and dip it in the beaten egg. Coat all sides and then shake off any excess egg. Finally, spread both sides in the breadcrumbs. Again, shake off any excess breadcrumbs and let it sit for 2 mins; and then put it in the hot oil.
- Fry both sides until golden brown. Remove the fried strips and place them on the paper towels.
Marinate the chicken with salt, pepper
and red chili powder.
Then add garlic powder and onion powder
and mix well until coated and keep it
aside for about 1 to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, place the flour and salt
in one bowl and mix well. In a second bowl,
add the egg and beat it slightly.
In a third bowl, add the bread crumbs,
salt and red chili powder, mix well.
Then take each chicken and put it in the
flour bowl and coat both sides with flour.
Shake off any excess flour and put it
in the beaten egg bowl. Coat all sides
and then shake off any excess egg.
Finally, put it in the breadcrumbs bowl
and coat both sides.
Meanwhile, pour enough oil in a frying pan
and heat over medium heat. Alternatively,
you can also use a deep fryer at 160 degrees C.
Also, shake off any excess breadcrumbs
and then put it in the hot oil.
Fry both sides until golden brown.
Finally, drain on paper towels.You may also like my other Chicken Recipes posts and recipes like Chicken Chukka / Chicken Varuval, Pallipalayam Chicken, Schezwan Chicken, Easy Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe, Chicken Schezwan Noodles, Chicken Curry Recipe, Chicken Fajitas Wraps, Methi Chicken, Chicken Meatball Curry, Chicken Salad Bowl Chipotle, Green Chilli Chicken, Recipe for Italian Chicken Cutlets, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Pineapple Chicken, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Tacos with Mango Salsa, Sweet Corn Chicken Soup, Grilled Chicken Burger, Chicken Talumein Soup .