Looking for a delicious and moist cake recipe that's perfect for the whole family? Look no further than the sweet and buttery orange cake!
Looking for a delicious and moist cake recipe that's perfect for the whole family? Look no further than the sweet and buttery orange cake! This cake boasts a light and fluffy texture with a delightful orange flavor that's sure to please everyone's taste buds.
To achieve the perfect taste and aroma, be sure to use the best quality oranges available. We recommend using Naval Oranges as they are sweet, juicy and widely available throughout the year. Plus, they are larger in size and contain more juice without any seeds, also known as 'belly button oranges'.
When making this cake, it's important to filter the squeezed orange juice to remove any pulp or seeds. And before grating, be sure to wash your oranges thoroughly and only grate the outer rind to avoid any bitter taste from the white pith underneath.
Whether you're making this cake for a special occasion or simply as a sweet treat for the family, it's sure to become a household favorite. So why not give it a try and share your thoughts in the comments below?
You may also like my other cake recipes such as Orange Chiffon Cake, Yogurt Lemon Cake, Coffee Cake, Pineapple Cake, Eggless Sponge Cake, Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Vanilla Cupcakes and Red Velvet Cake.
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook Time: 00:30
Total Time: 00:45
- 195g (1 & 1/2 cup) all purpose flour
- 1&1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- of one orange orange zest
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 g) at room temperature butter
- 3 at room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. then butter and flour one 8 inch round can pan.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, orange zest and baking powder, mix it well until combined and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy by using a hand mixer or electric stand mixer.
- Then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and orange juice in three additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and then smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 mins. or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool it on a wire rack.
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot