An apple a day keeps the doctor away! The saying is as true as it gets! But especially nowadays, during the winter holiday season, it is very hard to make your children eat these nutrition filled fruits. Not to mention that apples are delicious and provide a wonderful texture to any dish! It is like the perfect Christmas gift that keeps on giving! So I decided to make this delicious and fluffy whole wheat eggless apple cake, so that you can sweeten things up at your Christmas dinner and provide some healthy vitamins and minerals to your family! So try it out and let me know how your kids like it!
Eggless Apple Cake
Furthermore, I would like to give some tips to make a delicious eggless apple cake. Firstly, try to add good quality apple especially Royal Gala Apple to this recipe, as it gives more sweetness to the cake. If you use other apples, then add 1 tbsp extra sugar to this recipe. You can also add brown sugar instead of white sugar as you like. Secondly, you can also add chopped almonds instead of walnuts.
Finally, you may also like my other Christmas cake recipes like Eggless Carrot Cake, Eggless Orange Cake, Eggless Christmas Plum Cake, Christmas Plum Cake, Strawberry Streusel cake, Chocolate Marble Cake, Orange Chiffon Cake, Yogurt Lemon Cake, Coffee Cake, Pineapple Cake, Eggless Sponge Cake, Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Vanilla Cupcakes Chocolate Cake with Ganache Pound Cake, Orange Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes and Red Velvet Cake.
Eggless Apple Cake 2020-12-11 04:00:12
Eggless Apple Cake
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:50
- 135 grams grated apple
- 100 grams white granulated sugar
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 180 ml milk at room temperature
- 135 grams whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnut
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. and then grease oil and line the bottom of the 6" inch cake tin with a parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder once or twice and keep it aside.
- Wash, peel and grate 1 medium sized apple and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with grated apple and sugar over medium heat.
- Cook until all the sugar dissolves and becomes a sauce like consistency. It takes 3 to 4 mins.
- Then remove the apple sauce from the heat and let it cool.
- In a wide bowl, add the apple sauce and 1/4 cup olive oil, whisk until incorporated.
- Then add some milk (1/3 rd cup) and mix well until combined.
- Now, add the flour mixture and the remaining milk little by little and mix gently by using a spatula until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Then add 1 tsp lemon juice and mix well.
- Finally, add the chopped walnuts and mix well until well combined.
- Now pour the cake batter in the prepared cake tin and bake it in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cover the cake with a cloth and cool it for about 10 mins before removing from the pan.
- Slice it up and serve. Enjoy!
By Santhi Therese
The Indian Claypot