Strawberry Sauce Cake recipe with step-by-step photos. Valentine’s day is coming and it is very close! What better way to celebrate this lovely holiday than by making a sweet and delicious dessert for your loved ones! This Strawberry Sauce Cake is soft, moist and scrumptious and with a dash of the sweet and sour sauce on top made from some freshly ripped Strawberries… nothing that can beat this combo! This recipe is especially dedicated to those Sweet-Valentines who are looking for a easy but delicious last minute Valentine’s day surprise! So what are you waiting for? Try it out and let us know what your loved ones thought in the comments! Happy Valentine’s Day!
What Is Strawberry Sauce Cake?
- The essence of a scrumptious strawberry sauce cake lies in the combination of moist and flavorful cake with a luscious, tangy strawberry sauce. This delightful dessert brings together the sweetness of the cake with the fresh, juicy flavor of strawberries, creating a perfect balance of taste and texture. The homemade strawberry sauce adds a burst of fruity goodness, making every bite a delightful experience.
- In this recipe, the cake is infused with the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries, creating a delectable treat that is perfect for any occasion. The unique combination of succulent strawberries, moist cake, and a hint of refreshing lemon juice makes this strawberry sauce cake a delightful dessert that is sure to impress.
Why You'll Love Strawberry Sauce Cake?
- Delicious Texture: This strawberry sauce cake has a moist and fluffy texture that pairs perfectly with the fresh strawberry sauce on top. The combination of the soft cake and the juicy sauce creates a delightful eating experience.
- Health Benefits of Fresh Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are a great source of vitamin C and fiber, making this cake a tasty way to incorporate some nutritional benefits into your dessert.
- Low in Added Sugar: The recipe uses minimal added sugar, relying on the natural sweetness of the strawberries to enhance the flavor of the cake. This makes it a healthier option for those looking to indulge in a sweet treat without consuming excessive sugar.
- Simple and Easy to Make: This recipe is straightforward and doesn't require any advanced baking skills. With just a few basic ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up this delightful dessert in no time.
- Versatile for Different Occasions: Whether it's for a casual family dinner or a special celebration, this strawberry sauce cake is versatile and can be adapted to suit various occasions. It's a crowd-pleaser that's sure to impress your guests.
- Perfect for Strawberry Lovers: If you're a fan of strawberries, this cake is a must-try. The burst of fresh strawberry flavor in every bite, both in the cake and the sauce, makes it a dream dessert for strawberry enthusiasts.
Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce Cake
- All purpose flour: The main dry ingredient that provides structure to the cake.
- White granulated sugar: Adds sweetness and helps to tenderize the cake.
- Baking powder and Baking soda: Leavening agents that help the cake to rise and become light and fluffy.
- Milk: Adds moisture and richness to the cake batter.
- Yogurt: Adds a tangy flavor and helps to tenderize the cake.
- Fresh strawberries: The star ingredient for the strawberry sauce, providing a sweet and tart flavor to the cake.
How To Make Strawberry Sauce Cake?
- To make a delicious and flavorful strawberry sauce cake, start by preparing the strawberry sauce. Wash and cut the green parts off the strawberries, then cut them into small pieces. Combine the berries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir continuously for about 5 to 7 minutes until the berries break down. Remove from the heat, mash them slightly, and set the sauce aside.
- Next, preheat your oven to 180°C and grease and line a 7" round cake tin. In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Then add sugar, mix well, and set it aside. In another bowl, mix milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla essence until combined. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix it to form a smooth batter. Pour it into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is cooled, pour the strawberry sauce on top of the cake and garnish it with fresh strawberries. This step is crucial as it adds a burst of fruity flavor to the cake, complementing the moist and fluffy texture. The strawberry sauce not only enhances the taste but also adds a vibrant pop of color, making the cake visually appealing.
By following these steps and paying attention to the key details, you can create a delightful strawberry sauce cake that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy this delectable dessert as a sweet treat for any occasion!
- Pair with Vanilla Ice Cream: Serve the strawberry sauce cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a classic and delicious dessert combination.
- Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries: Top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh strawberries or other berries for a refreshing and light dessert option.
- Hot Coffee or Tea: Enjoy the cake with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a delightful afternoon treat.
- Lemonade or Iced Tea: For a refreshing summer option, pair the cake with a glass of lemonade or iced tea for a sweet and tangy combination.
- Custard or Fruit Puree: Serve the cake with a side of custard or a fruit puree for a creamy and fruity addition to the dessert.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce over the cake for a decadent and indulgent dessert option.
Enjoy the strawberry sauce cake with these delightful serving suggestions to enhance the flavors and make it a complete dessert experience.
Tips for Making a Delicious Strawberry Sauce Cake
- Preparation Duration: Make sure to set aside enough time for washing, cutting, and cooking the fresh strawberries for the sauce. This step can take up to 10-15 minutes, so plan accordingly.
- Cooking Techniques: When cooking the strawberry sauce, keep an eye on the berries and stir continuously to ensure they break down evenly. This will create a smooth and flavorful sauce for the cake.
- Importance of Garnishing: Garnishing the cake with fresh strawberries not only adds a pop of color but also enhances the presentation. Take your time to arrange the strawberries in a visually appealing way for a beautiful final touch.
- Baking Time: Keep an eye on the cake while it's in the oven and check for doneness with a toothpick. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, so it's important to monitor the cake towards the end of the cooking time.
- Resting Period: Allow the cake to rest on a wire rack after baking. This will help it cool evenly and maintain its texture.
- Storage and Serving: Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve the cake at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream for a delightful treat.
By following these tips, you'll be able to create a delicious and visually stunning strawberry sauce cake that's sure to impress your friends and family.
Variations for Strawberry Sauce Cake
- Berry Mix: Instead of using only fresh strawberries, try using a mix of different berries such as raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries to create a mixed berry sauce for the cake.
- Lemon Zest: Add some lemon zest to the cake batter for a hint of citrus flavor that complements the strawberry sauce beautifully.
- Almond Flakes: Sprinkle some almond flakes on top of the cake along with the strawberry sauce for added texture and nutty flavor.
- Coconut Cream: Serve the cake with a dollop of coconut cream on top of the strawberry sauce for a tropical twist.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the cake along with the strawberry sauce for a decadent touch.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Serve the cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side to create a delicious dessert pairing.
How to Store Strawberry Sauce Cake
- Storing the Cake: Once the cake has completely cooled and the strawberry sauce has been added, store the cake in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. This will help maintain the freshness and prevent the cake from drying out.
- Storing Fresh Strawberries: To keep the fresh strawberries for the sauce, store them in the refrigerator in a container lined with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. Make sure to remove any spoiled or mushy strawberries to keep the rest fresh.
- Storing the Strawberry Sauce: If you have any leftover strawberry sauce, store it in a clean, airtight jar in the refrigerator. It should be consumed within a few days to retain its freshness and flavor.
- Refrigerating the Cake: If the cake needs to be stored for a longer period, it can be refrigerated. Place it in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap before refrigerating. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.
- Freezing the Cake: The cake can also be frozen for future use. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before placing it in a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
- Proper Storage of Ingredients: Keep the all-purpose flour, sugar, and other dry ingredients in airtight containers in a cool, dry place. Refrigerate any leftover yogurt and use fresh milk and strawberries for the best results.
By following these simple storage tricks, you can ensure that your delicious strawberry sauce cake stays fresh and maintains its flavor for as long as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use frozen strawberries for the sauce?
- Yes, you can definitely use frozen strawberries for the sauce. Just make sure to thaw them before using and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I use a different type of oil for the cake?
- Yes, you can use any flavorless oil such as vegetable or canola oil as a substitute for olive oil in the cake.
Can I use greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt?
- Yes, you can use greek yogurt in place of regular yogurt, but keep in mind that it may alter the texture slightly.
How long will the strawberry sauce last?
- The strawberry sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure to give it a stir before using if it thickens.
Can I use the strawberry sauce for any other desserts?
- Absolutely! The strawberry sauce is versatile and can be used as a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or even as a filling for pastries. Enjoy experimenting with it!
Eggless Strawberry Sauce Cake 2021-02-12 05:22:58
Strawberry Sauce Cake
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook Time: 00:35
Total Time: 00:45
For Strawberry Sauce
- 250 grams Fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1&1/3 cup (175 grams) All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150grams) White granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) Milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil or any other flavourless oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
How to cook Strawberry Sauce
- Wash and cut the green part at the stem end and then cut them into small pieces.
- Combine berries, sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir continuously for about 5 to 7 mins or until the berries break down.
- Remove from the heat and mash them slightly and keep it aside.
How to bake cake
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. then grease and line a 7" round cake tin.
- In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add sugar, mix well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add milk, curd, oil, and vanilla essence, mix well until combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture And mix it to form a smooth batter.
- Pour it into the prepared cake tin.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake it for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Rest it on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Cool it completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, pour the strawberry sauce on top of the cake and garnish it with fresh strawberries.
By Santhi Therese The Indian Claypot
Finally, you may also like my other Christmas cake recipes like Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes, Eggless Apple Cake, Eggless Strawberry Cake, Eggless Carrot Cake, Eggless Orange Cake, Eggless Christmas Plum Cake, Christmas Plum Cake, Strawberry Streusel cake, Chocolate Marble Cake, Orange Chiffon Cake, Yogurt Lemon Cake, Coffee Cake, Pineapple Cake, Eggless Sponge Cake, Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Vanilla Cupcakes Chocolate Cake with Ganache Pound Cake, Orange Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes and Red Velvet Cake.
Step By Step Instructions:
For Strawberry Sauce:
Combine berries, sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
Cook and stir continuously for about 5 to 7 mins
or until the berries break down.
Then remove from the heat and mash them slightly.
Preheat your oven to 180°C. then grease and line a 7″ round cake tin.
In a bowl, sieve flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
Then add sugar, mix well and keep it aside.
In another bowl, add milk, curd, oil, and vanilla essence, mix well
Now add the milk mixture to the flour mixture
And mix it to form a smooth batter.
Pour it into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a
toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Rest it on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Cool it completely. Once the cake is
cooled, pour the strawberry sauce on top of the cake and garnish it
with fresh strawberries.