Welcome to our blog on how to make the delicious and popular Indian dish, Chicken 65. This recipe is known for its flavorful and spicy taste, making it a favorite appetizer or side dish for many. We will walk you through the step-by-step process of making this dish, so you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home. Whether you're a fan of Indian cuisine or simply looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds. So, let's get started and explore the uniqueness of Chicken 65!
What Is Chicken 65?
- Chicken 65 is a popular Indian dish known for its succulent boneless chicken pieces marinated in a mixture of Indian spices and seasonings. The combination of ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, and a touch of lemon juice creates a flavorful and aromatic marinade for the chicken.
- The addition of egg white, corn flour, and rice flour adds a crispy texture to the dish, making it a delightful appetizer or main course. The garnish of fried curry leaves and cashew nuts elevates the dish, adding a unique touch to the overall presentation. Chicken 65 is a perfect blend of succulent chicken, traditional Indian spices, and a unique seasoning, making it a must-try for all food enthusiasts.
Why You'll Love Chicken 65 How to make?
- Perfect texture: The marination process ensures the chicken is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, creating the perfect texture for a delicious dish.
- Spicy and flavorful: With the perfect blend of spices and seasoning, Chicken 65 offers a burst of flavor in every bite, making it a favorite dish for spice lovers.
- High in protein: Chicken is a great source of lean protein, making this dish not only delicious but also a healthy option for a filling meal.
- Rich in nutrients: The spices used in the dish, such as ginger, garlic, and turmeric, offer numerous health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Gluten-free option: The use of corn flour and rice flour in the marination makes Chicken 65 a gluten-free option for those with dietary restrictions.
- Great for special occasions: Whether it's a family gathering or a celebration, Chicken 65 is a crowd-pleaser and will leave your guests craving for more.
Ingredients for Chicken 65 how to make
- Chicken (boneless thigh pieces): The main ingredient of this dish, chicken, provides protein and a rich, meaty flavor to the recipe.
- Ginger garlic paste: Adds a strong, aromatic flavor to the marinade, enhancing the overall taste of the chicken 65.
- Red chili powder: Provides a spicy kick to the dish, adding heat and depth of flavor.
- Turmeric powder: Adds a warm, earthy flavor and a vibrant yellow color to the marinated chicken.
- Cumin powder: Contributes a warm, slightly nutty flavor to the marinade, complementing the other spices.
- Garam masala powder: A blend of ground spices, such as coriander, cumin, and cinnamon, provides a rich, aromatic flavor to the chicken 65.
Chicken 65 How To Make?
- To make delicious Chicken 65, start by marinating the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice, egg white, corn flour, rice flour, salt, and a pinch of food color (optional). Let it sit for about an hour to absorb all the flavors.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the curry leaves until crisp and set them aside for later use. Then fry the cashews until they are browned and remove them from the oil.
- In batches, fry the marinated chicken pieces until they are cooked through and turn golden brown or crisp. Once cooked, remove them from the heat and garnish with the fried curry leaves and cashews.
By following these steps, you'll have a flavorful and crispy Chicken 65 ready to be served. Enjoy it with some onion and lemon wedges for a complete and delicious experience. These key steps are important to ensure that the chicken absorbs all the flavors and the dish turns out crispy and flavorful.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken 65 how to make
- Pair with Naan or Roti: Chicken 65 pairs well with Indian bread like Naan or Roti, which helps soak up the flavorful sauce and spices.
- Serve with Basmati Rice: The aromatic and fluffy Basmati rice makes an excellent side dish for chicken 65, enhancing the overall meal experience.
- Accompany with Raita: A refreshing and cooling side dish like cucumber or onion raita complements the spicy and flavorful chicken 65 dish.
- Include Pickled Vegetables: Adding pickled vegetables like carrots or onions can add a tangy and crunchy element to the dish, balancing out the flavors.
- Garnish with Fresh Cilantro: Sprinkle some fresh cilantro over the chicken 65 for a burst of freshness and added aroma.
- Serve with Mint Chutney: A zesty and flavorful mint chutney can enhance the taste of the chicken 65, providing a delightful contrast of flavors.
Tips for Chicken 65 How To Make
- Preparation Time: The marination process for chicken 65 takes about an hour, so make sure to plan ahead and allow enough time for the flavors to develop in the chicken pieces.
- Cooking Techniques: When frying the chicken, make sure to do it in batches to ensure even cooking and to achieve a crispy golden brown finish. It's important to fry the curry leaves and cashews separately before adding them to the dish for an added layer of flavor and texture.
- Importance of Garnishing: Garnishing with fried curry leaves and cashews not only adds a decorative touch to the dish, but also enhances the overall presentation and provides a burst of flavor with each bite.
Now that you have the practical tips for making chicken 65, you're ready to impress your family and friends with this delicious Indian dish!
Variations for Chicken 65 how to make
- Spicy Twist: For those who love extra heat, add an extra teaspoon of red chili powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper for an extra kick of spice.
- Tangy Flavors: Experiment with adding a splash of vinegar or a squeeze of lime juice to the marinade for a tangy twist to the classic Chicken 65 recipe.
- Herb Infusion: Incorporate finely chopped fresh herbs like cilantro, mint, or curry leaves into the marinade for a burst of fresh flavors in every bite.
- Coconut Coating: Replace the corn flour and rice flour with desiccated coconut for a unique texture and a hint of coconut flavor in the dish.
- Yogurt Marinade: Swap the egg white with thick yogurt in the marinade for a creamy and tangy flavor profile.
- Vegan Alternative: Substitute the chicken with cauliflower florets or tofu for a delicious vegan version of Chicken 65, using the same marinade and frying method for a tasty alternative.
Try out these variations to create a unique and personalized version of Chicken 65, tailored to your own flavor preferences and dietary requirements. Happy cooking!
How to Store Chicken 65
- Refrigerate the Marinated Chicken: After marinating the chicken for one hour, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate. This will help the flavors to infuse and keep the chicken fresh until you are ready to fry it.
- Properly Seal the Spices: Make sure to store the spices used in the marination, such as red chili powder, turmeric powder, and cumin powder, in airtight containers to retain their freshness and flavor.
- Store Curry Leaves and Cashew Nuts Separately: Keep the fried curry leaves and cashew nuts in separate containers to maintain their crispiness. Moisture can make them lose their crunch, so storing them separately is essential.
- Use Fresh Oil for Frying: When storing oil for future use, make sure to strain it to remove any food particles and store it in a clean, dry container. This will prevent the oil from getting rancid and allow you to reuse it for frying.
- Refrigerate Leftover Chicken 65: If you have any leftover chicken 65, refrigerate it within two hours of cooking. Store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh and safe to eat for up to 3-4 days.
- Avoid Reheating Fried Chicken 65: Fried foods like chicken 65 can lose their crispiness when reheated. It's best to consume it fresh, but if you have leftovers, try to eat them at room temperature to retain some of the texture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of chicken pieces are best for Chicken 65?
- Boneless thigh pieces are the best for Chicken 65, as they are tender and absorb the marinade well, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken.
Can I adjust the spice level in Chicken 65?
- Yes, you can adjust the spice level by increasing or decreasing the amount of red chili powder and garam masala powder according to your preference.
Can I skip the food color in the marinade?
- Yes, the food color is optional and can be skipped if you prefer not to use it. The flavor and texture of the dish will remain the same.
How do I know when the chicken is cooked through while frying?
- The chicken pieces should be golden brown and crisp when they are cooked through. You can also check by cutting into a piece to make sure there is no pinkness in the center.
Can I use bone-in chicken for Chicken 65?
- While boneless chicken is recommended for this recipe, you can use bone-in chicken as well. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What can I serve with Chicken 65?
- Chicken 65 can be served with onion and lemon wedges for an added burst of flavor. You can also serve it with your choice of chutney or sauce for dipping.
Chicken 65 2016-12-04 08:23:17
Chicken 65 How To Make
Prep Time 01:00
Cook Time 00:15
Total Time 01:15
- 300g chicken (boneless thigh pieces)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- one egg white
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of food color (optional)
- one handful of curry leaves
- 10 cashew nuts
- oil to fry
Instructions For Chicken 65 How To Make
- Mix all the ingredients for marination in a wide bowl until well combined and set aside for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil heats, fry the curry leaves till crisp and set aside for further use.
- Then fry the cashews until browned and remove from the oil.
- And then add chicken pieces in batches and fry them until cooked through.
- Once they turn into golden brown or crisp, remove them from the heat.
- Finally, garnish them with fried curry leaves and cashews.
- Now tasty chicken 65 is ready to serve. Serve it with onion and lemon wedges.
By Santhi therese The Indian Claypot
https://theindianclaypot.com/You may also like my other Chicken Recipes posts and recipes like Chicken Chukka / Chicken Varuval, Pallipalayam Chicken, Chicken Strips, Schezwan Chicken, Easy Chicken Penne Pasta Recipe, Chicken Schezwan Noodles, Chicken Curry Recipe, Chicken Fajitas Wraps, Methi Chicken, Chicken Meatball Curry, Chicken Salad Bowl Chipotle, Green Chilli Chicken, Recipe for Italian Chicken Cutlets, Chicken Hakka Noodles, Pineapple Chicken, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta, Tacos with Mango Salsa, Sweet Corn Chicken Soup, Grilled Chicken Burger .